1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB: Z7 Extreme 28" / 60-70#

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by noknock1, Aug 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

0   0   0

WTB: Z7 Extreme 28" / 60-70# Right Hand

Getting ready to pull the trigger on a new one and in the remote off chance someone has this model, then maybe we can make a deal... This model is only a year old or so and there are not many used ones on the market so I don't expect any/many replies...

But it never hurts to ask...

2. trapshooteraa27aa

trapshooteraa27aa Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

WTB: Z7 Extreme 28

Call my friend Jon Jenkins at The Archery Spot 517-254-4455. I sell alot of bows for him on other internet venues and he may have one or can get you one for a better price then anyone. If not quite a few on ebay new and used in the draw and poundage you are looking for. Tell Jon Chris sent you.
    Chris

3. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

0   0   0

I will give him a call. Not squat on ebay for that model and poundage. Still too new of a bow for there to be much of a used market. I have missed out on a couple used ones, just didn't act fast enough...

Thanks for the info.

4. Chadshot

Chadshot Member

0   0   0

Go to archerytalk.com, quite a few of them on there. Prices seem to be pretty good, been on that forum for about 2 years. Sold my original Z7 on there, tried to sell my 2010 Monster but going rate too cheap for me. Alot of guys seem to buy new every couple of months.

5. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

0   0   0

no kidding, I am replacing my 8 year old bow and going with carbons, XX75's and 78's have served me well, but time to give this 'new' stuff try. Not sure the fad will stick around... Just like any day I expect this internet thing to go away because the novelty has finally worn off... LOL

Can't believe how often some replace their bows!!! And bows keep value about like a used ice cube!

Oh well, everyone needs a hobby and hobby's no longer are fun if one is constantly trying to cut corners.

Reminds me of SOME of the guys on the diesel forums... Buy a $55,000.00 truck, and then bitch about not getting the 'expected fuel' savings, so they dump another $1000 plus in various aftermarket products to get that extra 1-2mpg savings. Kind of funny.

But so what? Everyone needs a hobby and for those guys, their trucks are their hobby even if they don't realize it. HAHA

6. high 2

high 2 Member

0   0   0

Mathews will hold their value pretty well. I try not to get caught up in the buy a new bow every year. I bought an Outback used from a friend and shoy it 3 years and killed 3 bucks with it. I didn`t think there could be a better bow made. I got a friend shooting and took him to the shop where I buy to get him set up. The owner of the store took a new Switchback off of the rack and set it for me to try. After several minutes of bickering about it, I shot it. BIG mistake. I took it home with me. I sold the Outback for about $75 less than I gave for it. I hunt out of ground blinds a bit and the new Z7 extreme looks tempting. I haven`t shot one, and probably shouldn`t. Good luck finding one, and let me know how it shoots. Larry

7. raziz

raziz TS Member

0   0   0

Nice choice for a bow . Mathews makes the best bows ,but I have shot both the Z7 and Z7 extreme,. The Z7 is much more affective for longer shots . They both draw smoothly and are a pleasure to hold . I currently use a reezen 7.0 and have killed several deer with it . But im looking to get a Z7 28" draw 70lbs.The kittery trading post is ordering me one 769.00 The are located in Kittery maine ..TYou might want to see if you can order one online >Good luck

8. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Wait till next year when the Extreme II comes out. There will be plenty of Extremes out there.

9. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

0   0   0

Well my bow is too old to wait any longer... LOL... I can get a bare bones bow out the door for $801.00 thirty miles away so it is a fair price. I have just seen a couple set up bows go really fast before I could act for say $1100.00 set up with a dozen carbons and some broadheads.

As I am replacing all my old stuff, I am starting from scratch minus my SCOTT Release.

So I am going to end up with $1300-$1400 in this setup. Just thought I would throw the line to see if I could snag an $1100-$1200 set up. A Z7 Tactical going on ebay right now is very close to what I want, but the ebay score is low and something doesn't seem to add up... So my gut says to stay away from that one.

Just a couple more weeks and I should have the rest of the funds to purchase the new setup.

Funny how hobbies work, I shoot a bow for 15 plus years and then put it aside for 6 years or so because of life.

Now the yearning to shoot again is gnawing at me daily. I pull out my old bow and think.. "It aint't gnawing at me enough to replace the string on this boat anchor... LOL"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.