1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB: Youth Stock for Rem 1100 Classic Trap

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Black Rifle, Dec 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black Rifle

Black Rifle TS Member

Hi all,

My stepson is shooting trap on his high school team, using a Remington 1100 Classic Trap that I purchased from our very own jbohio. Trouble is, the stock is too long for him. I hate to have it cut as the wood is quite nice.

Does anyone have a straight Monte Carlo that is either a youth model, or that has already been cut? I'd even consider a dinged up one that I could have cut. I just hate to go whittlin' on the current one.

Thanks,

Mark

2. Black Rifle

Black Rifle TS Member

ttt

Trying to avoid cutting if possible...

3. rjdden

rjdden TS Member

Look for an older one or go with the youth synthetic ones that are on the market. They run about $58.00 or so. They work great. A couple of the young people that I am teaching to shoot trap have gone this way. One of them had a field grade and got a Monti Carlo synthetic stock for his. Does quite well with it for now. They are not that easy to mar or marke. They do not break that easy so when you get finished with it and want to go back to the standard stock the synthetic will sell fairly easy and pretty much the price you ask for it as long as it isn't over the price of a new one. Rich.,(inPeoria,A.Z.)

4. kelly andersen

kelly andersen TS Member

Theres 3 of them on gunbroker.com 1 is just a stock, 1 is a forend and stock thats not real nice but you wouldnt feel bad about cutting and the other is a synthetic. hope this helps a little. If that does'nt work try ahlmans guns in minnesota they have a whole room of gun stocks 1 507-658-4243

5. Black Rifle

Black Rifle TS Member

Thanks all. I want to stay with a Monte Carlo stock but I can't seem to find a youth model synthetic one. I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to shorten a synthetic adult Monte Carlo. Am I wrong?

All the reasonably priced wood stocks I'm finding on the auction sites are field ones. I know I could build up the comb if necessary though.

Thanks again,

Mark

6. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Sorry, The one I have here is for an 870.
    Mike Battista

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    There is no youth monte carlo synthetic. Given the design, it would be a PITA to try to shorten one.

For (last time I ordered a pair) $98 Remington has an 1187 plain walnut monte carlo slug gun stock that is a very close match dimensionally to the monte carlo 1100/1187 trap stock. The part number is 102852. Because it is wood, it can easily be shortened, and I have done so. If you can't find a suitable used stock, this would probably be your next best bet.

8. Black Rifle

Black Rifle TS Member

Mike,

Thanks for looking, I appreciate your effort.

Brian,

Thanks for the info, I'll definitely look into it.

Regards,

Mark

9. whos your daddy

whos your daddy TS Member

Black Rifle
    I have a youth model synthetic stock that I took off of my sons's 1100 20 ga. he went thru a growning spurt and i had to order an adult size stock for the gun. You can have the stock if you can use it. I ve been moving around in my barn for a yr now. let me know/lwunder@speedex.net

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

youth trap stock for 1100