1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB: Winchester Model 61 routledge and smoothbores

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by GALLERY 22, Jun 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GALLERY 22

GALLERY 22 Member

0   0   0

Wanted to buy routledge and smoothbore Winchester model 61s. I am looking for all of the various configurations. Please e-mail me and let me know what you might have.

Thank you

Harvey Kimmes

2. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Hi Harvey,

I don't have a M61 that I'm willing to part with but could you educate me on what a 'routledge' M61 is. Just never heard of it and it sounds interesting.

BTW the two M61s that I do have are both excellent shooters and it is a shame that they don't build rifles of this quality these days.

Greg

3. GALLERY 22

GALLERY 22 Member

0   0   0

Greg-The Winchester routledge bore was a smoothbore shot for the first 10 1/2 inches and then a counterbore .375 barrel for the last 13 1/2 inches that was made only in 1939 for indoor clay target shooting ranges. The end of the barrel actually looks like a 410. There were supposedly about 75 guns of this variation made. After that time they made counterbore and straight bore .217 barrels.

4. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Thanks for the lesson Harvey. Good luck on your collection!

5. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0

I've owned several Remington Model 121's that were marked "Routledge"., but never a Model 61 Win.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
picture model 61 counter bore
winchester 61 22 rutledge
winchester 61 counter bore
winchester 61 rutledge bore
winchester model 61 routledge
winchester model 61 rutledge
winchester model 61 smoothbore

winchester model 61 smoothbore for sale