1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB win 94 44 mag

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ricks1, Aug 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

looking for an older model win 94 lever in 44 mag email me if any one has one rick

2. shadow

shadow Active Member

Try Shooters Supply in Paducah, Ky. They had one on the rack a couple of days ago.

3. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

You might wantr to think about the Marlin rifle. Its a better made rifle.

4. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

If you really want a Win. 94, then by all means get it,but I would ditto Gargoyle on the Marlin or even a good used Browning/Win. 92. They are much smoother operating without having them slicked up. JMHO---Steve

5. AJKohler

AJKohler Member

For that matter, get a Rossi-made 92 from Nate Kiowa Jones (http://www.stevesgunz.com/). They make them, I'm told, under license from Winchester, and the 92 was designed for pistol-length cartridges. The 94 was designed for rifle-length cartridges, and it is not reputed to be a dependable functioner with short rounds. By the time he factors in his discount and puts his action job on the rifle, it's little more than MSRP.

I've got one of Nate's, and it's fully as slick as my original 1917-vintage 92. And I suspect the steel is a lot better.

Tony

6. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I have a really nice 1894 Marlin 44mag I plan on selling. $375 plus shipping to ffl It is a very recent model with checkering on pretty Walnut and it is the 6 groove Ballard rifled barrel (not Microgroove) that is especially recommended for use with cast bullets the blue is 99% and the wood 97% from a few minor handling marks that you really have to look close to see

7. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Anybody else interested in a really great 100yd deer/hog/pest rifle....it really lays out those 'yotes with 200gr JHPs @ 1900fps...can send pics later if anybody is interested remove x's from email

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.