1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB Who makes a good gun case?

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by JUAN23, Aug 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JUAN23

JUAN23 Member

0   0   0

Hello all,
    I am looking for a good, but more importanatly lightweight alluminum case for my Perazzi. It has 32" barrels. I am trying not to buy an Americase because they are so darn heavy. Any suggestions? Thanks, Frank

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

0   0   0

Look for a warwick case. Theres been some for sale on this site..

3. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

0   0   0

Seems to me the folks that took over Warwick were at the Grand on the tent vendor's area. I stopped and the cases looked exactly like Paul's cases, but forgot to get the name of the company. I'd suggest you try to find their name (maybe someone here can post it) and check their aluminum cases. The one I saw was $289. Looked sturdy enought for me.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

4. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

PELICAN!

5. no5shooter

no5shooter Member

0   0   0

You want to talk to Mick of MarMic gun cases. Mick took over the Warwick business, sold off all the remaining Warwicks, and builds a very fine case himself. Very similar to the Warwick, top quality, and a nice guy besides.

Jerry in Oregon

6. JTEA

JTEA Member

0   0   0

On sale at Cabelas, a good lightweight case.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-34Bullet-Proof34-Two-Takedown-Shotgun-Case/741556.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch%2F%3FN%3D1000002949%26Ne%3D1000002949%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Dgun%2Bcase%26Ntx%3Dmode%252Bmatchallpartial%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%2BProducts%26WTz_st%3DSearchRefinements%26form_state%3DsearchForm%26search%3Dgun%2Bcase%26searchTypeByFilter%3DAllProducts%26x%3D18%26y%3D8&Ntt=gun+case

I have one which has felt lined sections in the bottom and the foam in the top. A hybrid which is like an Americase on the bottom. Nice and light, very strong for it's weight.

JT

7. TjayE

TjayE Member

0   0   0

JAUN23 (Frank)

You want to call Mick McGinley 877-962-6233. Mick took over the Warwick gun case business after Paul Sedwick died. I have several of the cases that Paul made and they are very tough and ideal for airline travel. You will not be disappointed with a gun case built by Mick. He will customer make the case to fit your gun at a reasonable cost. Tom

8. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

0   0   0

Send a pm to beaker100. He makes great cases and is very reasonable. He is also a great trigger man and gunsmith.

9. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

0   0   0

No one has asked the all important question, what is the case for? Air line travel or just back and forth to the range?

For air travel nothing, including Americase, beats the Pelican. It's more durable than any other case, costs less, is waterproof, and it has wheels. It weighs about 1/3 less than those heavy aluminum cases.

If it's just light duty, back and forth to the local club, then a soft case is better in my opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.