1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB Weatherby Regency

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by spritc, Aug 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spritc

spritc Active Member

W/T/B Weatherby Regency, will consider field or trap model. Must be in excellent condition. Please send pictures, description and price to the above email address.

Thanks,
    Steve

2. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Hey Steve,

What is a Regency? I've not heard of that model.

ec90t

3. spritc

spritc Active Member

Eric, It was their field and/or trap models before the Athenas and Orions. The early models were made in Italy and the later models were made in Japan. All models were nicely engraved, cased colored/hardened receivers with most having nicely figured wood. The one thing I don't know about them is if they kick like a mule.

Steve

4. PhillyD

PhillyD Member

ec90t,
    The Regency made in Italy are much more desirable than the ones made in Japan.
    The Blue book says the Regency manufactured in Italy commands 15% to 20% more in price.The Field model is worth more than the Regency trap model according to the Blue Book.They are a beautiful gun.To answer Kolordudes' question.My opinion, I don't find it to be a hard kicking gun at all....Philly D

5. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Thanks for the info guy's! I was unaware of that model until now. I'm already that much smarter now:)

ec90t

6. rip

rip TS Member

Steve,
    I had a 12ga. Regency a few years ago in a field gun. recoil was no problem but the gun was too heavy for me to stomp the fields for pheasants with. I have a 6lb. 20ga. Orion in an english stock and a 12ga. Orion. They are made by SKB. I carry one or the other 90% of the time when hunting quail or pheasants. No issues. Great wood and fit and finish. Just thought I would let you know another option. You can shoot either If interested.
    RIP -----Hope to see you soon.

7. spritc

spritc Active Member

Thanks Gerry for the offer. It is a funny thing about the Regency, I can't explain why I want one, but I do. I've had several offered at various prices and conditions and I'm leaning toward the nicest for the most money. It is a field grade that looks to be in impeccable condition. Hope to shoot with you someday soon.

Steve

8. spritc

spritc Active Member

I would like to see if any others are available before making a decision.

Thanks,
    Steve

9. dhg

dhg TS Member

Steve was the gun I e-mailed you the phone number for still availbe? (sp)

10. spritc

spritc Active Member

Spcl Trap, I didn't call because of the price. The person was asking a little much for it. But I thank you for your effort.

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.