1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB vintage 22 ammo

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by whiz-bang, Feb 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whiz-bang

whiz-bang Active Member

0   0   0

I am looking to buy bricks of vintage 22 ammo. I need Peters, Remington, Winchester, Western, CIL, Whiz-Bang and Federal. Manufactured from the 1930s to the late 1970s. Also Sears, Wards and coast to coast. I also need Gallery ammo that was intended for the carnival type shooting galleries. I will buy Gallery ammo by the case or truck load. Also gallery speed loading tubes and tube loaders. Also shooting gallery counter mats and signs.

2. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I am still keeping a eye out for some Whiz.

Bill

3. Jim R

Jim R Ljutic Nut TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

This what your looking for?
    [​IMG]

4. GW22

GW22 Active Member

0   0   0

Naw, more like this here...

[​IMG]

5. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

0   0   0

My humble offering. Two boxes missing from the brick.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Jim R

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Or maybe like this
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. brdslayr

brdslayr Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

I collect shotshell boxes and ammo but have ended up with this .22 ammo. All of the boxes are full. The 7 boxes of dogbone ammo came out of the Kleenbore brick box, so unfortunately its 3 boxes shy of being full. Make me an offer on all or part if you need em for your collection. JW

8. whiz-bang

whiz-bang Active Member

0   0   0

Bill I appreciate you looking for gallery ammo. When I decide to start using the gallery I will let you know and you can travel up here to shoot. I will also set up a gallery for MO-SKEET-O and Targo.

JimR If you are interested in selling PM me a price.

wireguy that's a common brick but I can use it. PM me a price if your are selling.

The reason I need bricks is to fill my collection of 22 ammo merchandisers with original ammo. If you go to "Rim Fire Central" scroll down to 22 ammunition. Find a thread named old 22 rimfire box. Go to page 67 and 68. I have posted pictures of my vintage counter displays and a restored shooting gallery. This will give you a better idea for what I am looking for. Thanks for the response.

9. Jim R

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

whiz-bang

Those were all full bricks on the first post. PM me your offer including shipping if you want them.

Jim R

10. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

0   0   0

W-B there is a remington gallery gun on gunsamerica. Jeff
    REAL REMINGTON GALLERY GUN 22CAL PUMP WITH SILENCER Item Number: 919009290

11. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

0   0   0

W-B there is a remington gallery gun on gunsamerica. Jeff
    REAL REMINGTON GALLERY GUN 22CAL PUMP WITH SILENCER Item Number: 919009290

12. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I'm crying over the WW Mk IV super match.....

13. jkj61

jkj61 TS Member

0   0   0

[​IMG]

I can't find anything out about this can you help? Thanks Johnny

14. JohnBT

JohnBT TS Member

0   0   0

According to this court case, Kant-Splash was introduced in 1944. There is a lot of testing detail in the testimony. This is just a little of it.

"Mr. Bellmore testified that Kant-Splash bullets were manufactured of approximately 90 per cent lead, approximately 9 per cent zinc, and approximately 1 per cent oil; that these substances were compressed by squeezing them in a hydraulic press, but that he did not know the poundage used; that the bullet was lubricated with a lubricant whose composition he [44 Cal.2d 316] did not know. He testified that some tests had been made by shooting through a piece of paper at 50 feet and that particles did not come back from the backstop through the paper."

http://scocal.stanford.edu/opinion/warner-v-santa-catalina-island-co-26677

15. whiz-bang

whiz-bang Active Member

0   0   0

jkj61 western made as far as I know KANT-SPLASH was for short range gallery use and Super KANT-SPLASH for long range gallery use. The bullet was made to break up and turn to dust on impact to reduce any chance of ricochet since you were shooting at a all metal gallery. They came in 50 round box and 500 and 1000 round bulk boxes. later production 250 round box. Your box is post 1962 manufacture. If you are interested in selling PM me with price.

Winchester called there gallery ammo SPATTERPRUFF. Remington was named SPATTER-LESS Peters was KRUMBLE BALL and ELEY was called GALLERY. I have pictures of over 230 boxes of gallery ammo over at "RIM FIRE CENTRAL".

bigbore613 the Remington gallery rifle at Guns America has been listed for a while now. It's not a true Remington model 12B gallery special. Although interesting.

16. BBowen

BBowen Member

0   0   0

whiz-bang

I have 13 indoor trap machines for mo-skeet-o. I would like to do something with them. Are you interested? If so give me a call.

Bruce Bowen

17. whiz-bang

whiz-bang Active Member

0   0   0

Bruce I talked to you about those machines when you were at the Minnesota state shoot a couple of years ago. I may be interested.

18. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

0   0   0

The shorts on the left are oldies.
    [​IMG]

19. BBowen

BBowen Member

0   0   0

whiz-bang

I remember talking to you then about the machines. I still have your loading tubes that you sent me as well.

I would really like to do something with the machines and possibly keep one for myself.

E-mail me at bbowen999@aol.com and maybe we can talk on the phone.

BB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

22 gallery ammunition sale

gallery special ammunition spatter less

old 22 bulets

remington spatter less

vintage 22 ammo washington

vintage 22 brick ammo

vintage gallery winchester speed loader for sale

whiz bang 22 shotshell box