1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB used SUV or Pickup

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by BrowningPotato, Dec 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrowningPotato

BrowningPotato TS Member

0   0   0

Alright fellas sorry for the O/T thread but I figured it is worth a shot. I am sick of dealing with car dealers and with the economy thought there may be some SUVs or Trucks people are trying to get out from under.

I am looking for an SUV or Pickup must be a V-8 preferably something like a Tahoe, Expedition, Explorer, etc. I would like 2007 or newer with under 40,000 miles but if the price is right I will consider almost anything. As for a pickup, I am really only interested in F-150's (maybe Avalanche) with extended/super cab.

Let me know what you got, I will travel for the right deal and have cash.

Thanks

2. Allen-MX8

Allen-MX8 Member

0   0   0

Good luck! I am still driving my 1997 Chevrolet Silverado pick-up with 301,000+ miles on it. Small oil leak, but not enough to have to add between changes!

Check out the Chevrolet's!!

Allen

3. snglfoot

snglfoot Member

0   0   0

Where are you located? I have a '05 Tahoe w/5.3 eng., I might part with. 58k
    miles, for the right price.
    Norman
    snglfoot@verizon.net

4. BrowningPotato

BrowningPotato TS Member

0   0   0

5. BrowningPotato

BrowningPotato TS Member

0   0   0

Exactly Ross, I know there is someone out there with the exact vehicle I am looking for whonts to get out from under their payments. After dealing with car dealers for the last several months I am done with them. I know they have to make a profit and I am alright with that, but they are plain greedy and unreasonable. I am not in a hurry either, just hope I can find something to pull a trailer before ice fishing starts.

6. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

0   0   0

Beware of all the scammers on Craigslist, It's riddled with them.

7. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Mr Potato,

You could consider doing what I did on my last purchase, an 07 F150 4.6 extra cab but not four doors as you want. I had an individual to go to the auctions in Atlanta Ga and purchase the vehicle exactly as I wanted in a green light auction, meaning there was nothing wrong with it. It had twelve thousand miles on it, therefore still under warranty, with no accidents. I paid the individual that bought it for me $1000.00 and he took care of all paper work, tags etc.(Some offer it for less now) I ended up with $15,500.00 in the truck which is an xlt with the usual, elec windows, cruise, tilt a/c. The four door trucks were going for $17,500.00 at the time. Mine was 8 months old when I purchased it. I love my truck. I've had em all but I am a Ford man now. I get sixteen mpg in town and ninteen on the highway at 65. I drove 200 miles at 57mph a couple of weeks ago and got 22.3 MPG. Jackie B.

8. targetbreaker

targetbreaker Active Member

0   0   0

I HAVE a 1971 c-20 stepside with 14,600. org miles 350 4by4 4 speed 4 barelcarb. Kept inside always.

9. neofight

neofight TS Member

0   0   0

With a paper sack over my head, i confess that i am a retired previously enjoyed motorized conveyance marketing engineer(used car salesman). I am truly sorry that your experience with dealers has been less than stellar. If you are considering a new vehicle, figure out what you want, go to the dealer and hit him with $100.00 over invoice.

Don't listen to the nay-sayers who tell you that dealers use a dual-invoice system. Bull#$^@. I bought my new 1 ton Chevy Duramax this way, as well as my previous truck a new Toyota Tundra with all the goodies.

Buying used is a different game. You have no idea what the dealer's true cost is on a any used vehicle and they have every advantage, but new cars is a different game. With all the factory to dealer and factory to buyer incentives, deep discounts, it's truly a buyers market.

If you go the new route, make your offer, hold firm and be prepared to walk. They will NOT let you walk.

10. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

0   0   0

Must be a slow nite

11. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I too was looking for a used truck and for a very long time. I found that when you added it all up, I was better off buying new because I was finding trucks with 80,000 miles on them for $10,000 or more. In my case a 2010 Ranger at 0% interest. It's brand new, has a warranty and I got exactly what I wanted.

Good luck!

12. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

0   0   0

I recently had to replace my worn-out '01 Silverado. I got a very nice '05 Cadillac Escalade for the same price that they were asking for similar GMC and Chevy SUVs and pickups. Probably a supply and demand thing in South Texas. Ron

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.