1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

WTB: used salt water fly fishing equip.

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by Barrelbulge(Pa), May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barrelbulge(Pa)

Barrelbulge(Pa) Active Member

0   0   0

Sooner or later wife and I will find our house in Fl. so I am thinking that I would like to try Tarpon/Bone fishing with a fly outfit.I need 11 or 12 wt. stuff. Does anyone have anything that you are not using that you may want to sell?? Thanks, Mike.
  2. Barrelbulge(Pa)

0   0   0

Joe, looking for newer used 11 wt. or 12 wt. rod and reel. Thanks, Mike.
  3. arend003

arend003 Member

0   0   0

Joe do you have pics of the fly rod? Might be interested also what models of the Quick spinning reels do you have
    Sorry to hi-jack this thread
    Tom
  4. Barrelbulge(Pa)

0   0   0

No problem Tom. Mike.
  5. Barrelbulge(Pa)

0   0   0

Just picked up a Penn International #4 Fly Reel. Still need a 12 wt. rod to go with it. Mike.
  6. EuroJoe

EuroJoe Active Member

0   0   0

12 weight too heavy for bonefish, 9ft 8wt perfect, 10ft 8wt excellent if you're wading. Hard to beat Loomis rods.
  7. Barrelbulge(Pa)

0   0   0

I have a 9/10 wt. outfit for bonefish and a large 12/13 wt. reel,(Penn International #4), just need a 12 wt. rod for Tarpon now. Mike.
  8. EuroJoe

EuroJoe Active Member

0   0   0

can you shoot a 100 ft. cast in 5 seconds or less?
  9. Barrelbulge(Pa)

0   0   0

Never fished with a fly setup. But at 65 I sure as hell am gonna learn. Just cause we start getting older doesn't mean we can't learn something new. Mike.
  10. Barrelbulge(Pa)

0   0   0

Thanks to craby boy I now have my 12wt. rod. Down to a 12wt. Fly line.
  11. Tacoma

Tacoma TS Member

0   0   0

Teh fly rod required for Tarpon and bonefish are generally considered two different rods. Bonefish are typicly chased with 6-8wts because long but finseful casts are required. Tarpon gear is heavier. I'd suggest you start with the lighter gear as it's much easier to lear on and will cover the majority of the flyfishing you will likely do.
  12. gnunn

gnunn TS Member

0   0   0

You have a PM
  13. Barrelbulge(Pa)

0   0   0

Tacoma, thanks for the advise. Being a neophite I respect your knowledge. I have a 9wt. outfit and just completed the 12 outfit.
    GNUNN, replied. Mike.
  14. EuroJoe

EuroJoe Active Member

0   0   0

forget everything you know about trout fishing and bass bugging, bonefishing is just the opposite. Get a good guide, or you'll never see them. Polaroid glasses are a must.
  15. slic lee

slic lee Member

0   0   0

Mike, if you have good casting skills,good feel,you can use a 6 on bones, i use that and a 5. They run smaller now especially in S.Florida, 9 and up for larger fish. The reel(drag) is so much more important, once you get here you will find plenty of used. There are swap shops and more here. Be frugal, good luck Lee
  16. Barrelbulge(Pa)

0   0   0

Slic, what part of Fl. are you from? Mike.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.