1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB used rifle reloading press

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by buckhunter26050, Nov 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buckhunter26050

buckhunter26050 Member

0   0   0

Looking for a used rifle reloading press, let me know what you have and the price. Thanks for reading

2. bill2

bill2 Member

0   0   0

Buckhunter, I have a RCBS Model (Reloader Special) RS-5 press very little use $95.00 shipped to you. Bill2

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0

I have an RCBS Rock Chucker available, The standard of the civilized world.

I think the lady will let it go for a hundred, shipping included. Will talk to her tomorrow and PM you.

HM

4. bill2

bill2 Member

0   0   0

Buckhunter do not be civilized. If she lets it go it will smell like make-up and have lipstick smears. Buy mine, Bill2

5. halfmile

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0

That's funny. Actually it was my partner's and his widow will sell it, I just have to get her OK.

HM

6. bill2

bill2 Member

0   0   0

HM, You and the widow have my condolence. Sorry I didn't know. I wish you good luck! V/R Billy Clymer

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

0   0   0

Like HM, I have a RCBS Rock Chucker available, the price of my press is very reasonable, but the shipping costs by the USPS is very unreasonable. I do not like to pay more for shipping an item than the cost of the item.

Pat Ireland

8. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I was going to post earlier that you ought to investigate the cost to ship a press before offering it for a price including shipping. As Pat said, the cost to ship a used single-stage press could exceed its value and for what new ones cost, I'd have to think long and hard about a used one.

A new RCBS RockChucker Supreme can be bought for $135 and new RCBS Partners sell for $80.

Ed

9. halfmile

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0

email & PM sent.

HM

10. Gabe

Gabe Member

0   0   0

Buck, I have a Lee Anniversary kit with the bench mounted O frame press, powder hopper dispenser, powder funnel, powder scale, Lee large and small Auto prime and 12 shell holders. All in excellant to like new condition. Sell it for $60 plus $15 shipping. If interested shoot me an email. Gabe

11. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

0   1   0

Go to a gun show. There will be enough for you to look at. Do not take anything less then a RCBS Rock Chucker. It will last you a life time and your kids life time.

12. AveragEd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

When looking at Rock chuckers, give thought to the cartridges you will be loading, both now and in the future. Many of the newer magnum cartridges - 7mm STW, bigger Weatherby magnums and the Remington Ultra Mags - are cumbersome to load on a standard Rock Chucker. The Rock Chucker Supreme has a larger opening to accommodate those shells and doesn't cost much more than the standard version.

Ed

13. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Ouch Ed, Why do you want to shoot stuff that big. I think that'd make my flinch worse. Where are you located Buckhunter? I'm sure some one near you must have an extra rockchucker. I know I do, and I don't know why. Shoot often while we can, Bob

14. AveragEd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I buy oddball Remington Model 700s - usually "special run" limited-production guns to collect more than shoot. The STW is stainless with the engraved receiver they offered for a few years about ten years ago and a factory muzzle break. The 300RUM is a special-run piece made for a Canadian distributor in stainless with a brown laminated thumbhole stock, a combination not normally offered. And the Weatherby was a stainless "premium dealer" gun in 2007.

We've shot and handloaded for them all just in case we might want to use them.

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.