1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB - Used O/U Browning, Beretta, etc... < $1500

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by dannyw68, Mar 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dannyw68

dannyw68 Member

0   0   0

Hi,

I am trying to help a friend of mine find a good deal on a quality 12 gauge O/U and figured I would try my luck here. This site is a wealth of information with and I figure somebody will have something for sale that fits what we are looking for.

My friend wants to buy a 12 gauge O/U for skeet, trap and sporting clays. After much convincing, I have convinced him to look for a used Browning, Beretta, or gun of equivalent quality and resale value. His maximum price is $1500. The problem is that we live in southern California and there are almost no good sources of used shotguns. Gunbroker very rarely has any good deals on used guns. And there is virtually no chance to go and shoot different models before he buys. So if the gun doesn't fit right, he can have it modified to fit. I shoot an XT 32" with adjustable comb which he loves.

So I guess the criteria is this: 12 Gauge O/U, no synthetic stocks, wood with decent figure, quality brand like Browning, Beretta, etc..., preferably a sporting model, <$1500, great condition, adjustable comb is a plus.

If you, or anyone you know, has something that fits this criteria, please email me directly with pictures.

Thanks,
    Dan

2. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Dan: Near the bottom of the list of threads you will find that "Kreighoff200" has a very nice Browning trap. It is close to being in your price range. You might want to send him a PM and see if he still has it. Good Luck. Ed

3. ultramag338

ultramag338 Member

0   0   0

Dan
    I have a Beretta 687 silver pigeon II with sporting barrels 29.5 long only been shot less than 200 times that I am selling for 1500 plus ship. The only draw back is 1. A guy at my club is looking at it this weekend. 2. don't know if my FFL will ship to Cali. I can get up pics if interested and my guy doesn't buy. Let me know via PM or Email. Thanks Corey

4. dannyw68

dannyw68 Member

0   0   0

5. Rico

Rico TS Member

0   0   0

Dan i have a Belgium Browning Trap 30 inch pro ported barrels 2 stocks
    1 is custom monte carlo 1 conventional price is $1300.00 plus shipping

6. hschwartz

hschwartz TS Member

0   0   0

Dan:

I have a Beretta 682X receiver with a 30" Mobil choke barrel for sale. It has an adjustable comb along with mechanical triggers. I recently had the gun serviced by Mike Sherman @ PMS. Let me know if your friend is interested. I could send pictures if needed.

Thanks,

HSchwartz
    770-757-6000(cell)

7. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

0   0   0

IF YOUR FRIEND IS GONNA SHOOT ALL 3 SPORTS, I BELIEVE A SPORTING CLAYS GUN WOULD BE THE BEST CHOICE. TRAP GUNS SHOOT HIGH AND HIGH PERCENTAGE OF SPORTING TARGETS ARE FALLING OR NEVER GET OFF THE GROUND (RABBITS). I KNOW MANY SHOOTERS WHO ARE DECENT AT TRAP WITH A SPORTING OR FIELD GUN, BUT NOT TOO MANY SUCCESSFUL SPORTING SHOOTERS USING TRAP GUNS. I'M SURE SOME HERE WILL CHIME IN
    AND DISPUTE THIS AS THERE ARE ALWAYS EXCEPTION TO THE RULE!

8. dannyw68

dannyw68 Member

0   0   0

Thanks to everyone who submitted responses and sent pictures. My buddy just bought a nice used Beretta Silver Pigeon 2.

9. ultramag338

ultramag338 Member

0   0   0

My thanks to Dan and Matt he bought my silver pigeon that I listed they are both great to work with. Both great to keep in touch thru out, stand out guys. Again thanks Corey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.