1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB used locking bolts for MX

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by whiz white, Jan 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I think I've saved them. If I do, it will be in Friday's mail.

I have your address.

Whiz

2. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Mike: Have one if darn good shape, not worn too badly.

I goes out in the mail in the AM, Friday.

Whiz

3. BL350

BL350 TS Member

Dear P.B.B
    Here's another method that worked for me since last September. I took my existing MX-8 bolt and made a HD solid polyethylene mask for all but the actual top and bottom lug area. I had my local Commercial Electroplater put .002 inches of electroless nickel on all surfaces of the lugs. I had a little build up in some areas that I hadn't planned for, so I had some minor fitting to do before it would go back in. He also baked the part for 4 hours@ 400F to eliminate any hydrogen in this heat treated block. This method put the bolt back in the middle and removed all backlash between the breech and barrels. I keep Mos2 on the lug faces now and it still is doing great after 2500 shells!!When I do this again, I would put .0035" on, since the .002" per side only moved the locking lever back to the middle. Us retired fixed income guys have to find someway of affording this wonderfull sport of Trap Shooting!
    Sincerely,
    Jet Boat Bill Life Member ATA 37-13955

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.