1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB- Used 20Ga O/U under $1K

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by FormerMarine, Mar 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FormerMarine

FormerMarine Member

Looking for a good used 20Ga O/U for my 7 Year old. I am going to cut the barrels and the stock so it doesn't have to be perfect except for in working order. Looking for maybe a Beretta, Browning, etc.

Please let me know what you have.

Bill Yost

2. ke4yyd

ke4yyd Member

Rather than cutting the barrel on a quality gun that will be obsolete in a couple years for the 7 yr old, why not buy a cheapo like the Stoger Condor. They make a 20 ga with a 24 inch barrel which may be short enough.

3. FormerMarine

FormerMarine Member

I did that already and he shot over 3000 targets with it last year when he was 6. We went through 4-5 firing pins and the gun is real sloppy now. I want something of decent quality so I can pass it on to my 5 y.o. daughter who started this year with the .410.

The barrels on the Stoeger Condor Youth are 22" and it worked great for him. It was the only thing besides the .410 that wasn't too barrel heavy.

Thanks for the reply but it is time to step it up one more notch. Better gun, adjustable comb with soft top and maybe he will finally shoot his first 25. he's chomping at the bit.

Bill

4. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Bill,

Indiana Gun Club (indianagunclub.com) has a couple of 26" barreled Brownings that come close to filling the bill. He has one Skeet with fixed chokes and two field models w/ 26" barrels and tubes. Steve and Phil are two of the best.

ec90t

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

try above website

6. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

go to there home page and do used gun search, They seem to have a lot of 20gauge guns at times, not so much browning but they do Have a few now.

7. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

heres another that might fit the bill, you could go 12g and shoot light loads. After cutting down the stock and barrel this couldnt be much more in weight as a 20gauge?

8. FormerMarine

FormerMarine Member

9. JDinTX

JDinTX Member

Try link above.

10. FormerMarine

FormerMarine Member

That was the one JD! I replied and I sent him a pm, hopefully he still has it.

Thanks a ton for that link. I knew one would come along sooner or later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.