1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

wtb-unsigle xt barrel

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jazzbo, Jul 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jazzbo

jazzbo TS Member

looking for a xt unsingle barrel.would like 32" or 34" but would take 30". thanks. ed wright.

2. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

there is no 30" unsingle ..only 32 or 34 ...good luck in your search

3. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

Pretty much un-obtainable. By a combo and sell your O/U.

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I do think these barrels are made of a material known as unobtanium.

Seriously, the Browning's critical parts are hand fitted. Why not buy a Combo and sell your old gun? You will LIKE the Unsingle Combo. The rib is higher, and things will not work as well, if the barrel you buy will even fit your old receiver and forend!

After shooting an Unsingle combo and later buying one, and taking a gorgeous XT off a friend, I thought enough of them to sell my Krieghoff and go back to Browning.

5. djcuda

djcuda Member

Heritage gunsmiths(Eyster) makes an unsingle barrel that he will fit to your receiver.
    Dave

6. Shooting Coach

The most economical way out on this is to buy the Unsingle Combo and sell your old gun, unless you want to keep it as a back up or because it is a fabulous shooter, looker, or whatever.

I bought a drop dead gorgeous XT 32" from a friend, and later an Unsingle XT Combo.

I cannot bring myself to sell the Trap gun or the Combo, as they are both STELLAR performers.

Having owned several Perazzis, Krieghoffs and various trap guns, I doubt you will gain any increased performance from a custom Unsingle barrel over the factory Browning Unsingle.

You might add a few bore matched Angleport extended chokes. I leave a 40 point XF in mine. It will boil a target as well as any gun I have ever owned.

Giving a simple observation, the humble Browning Combo will perform with firearms costing much more money.

7. Shooting Coach

My Unsingle barrel will sloppily fit my XT backup. However, I had two other Brownings which would not take any of the other barrels I had.

The barrel may or may not fit, it is that simple.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.