1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB/Trigger Scale, Recommendation!!!

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by shoot em all, Sep 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shoot em all

shoot em all Member

0   0   0

I use an old zebco de-liar fishing scale from my fishing days. I am sure bass pro has high tech ones now (down to ounces and digital) and just put string around it and check her out. jim w.

2. dverna

dverna Active Member

0   0   0

You cannot use a digital scale to check a release trigger. Get the RCBS trigger scale.

Don Verna

PS: I have a Lyman digital and it works well for pull triggers

3. thunder

thunder Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Had the digital and went back to the RCBS spring scale. Spring model works for pull and release triggers.

4. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

0   0   0

This is the best scale I've ever used. I've had this one for 20yrs and I still check it once a year with 2#, 3#, and 4# weights.

Brownell's has this scale. You can find them cheaper by Googling around but they do not have the trigger hook. The RCBS seems to fluctuate if you pull at odd angles.

[​IMG]

5. Shooter R

Shooter R Active Member

0   0   0

Just use weights that are in an open zip lock bag (for example)connected to the trigger with a bent coat hanger that contacts the trigger where you would pull it. (You need to hold the gun muzzle up).

Be sure the link (coat hanger wire) dosen't touch the stock, and just add weight until the trigger goes off.

For a release triger... add enough weight to fully set the trigger, then figure out a way to carefully remove weight until it releases.

As for weights... since an average box of 1 1/8 oz 12 ga. shells weigh about 2 1/2 lbs. (my ammo, my scale) each shell weighs 1.6 oz.

Plus or minus 1.6 oz. should be OK for a trigger pull.

Yea, it's rough, but it will give you some working numbers.

Digital scales are nice. I have one. It's a Lyman. I bought it because I started to do my own trigger jobs on 1911 pistols for IPSC competition. For trapshooting, unless you want to spend the $'s, the above method will work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.