1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB/Trade (preferred) MEC Bushings

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by goatskin, May 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

0   0   0

If you are out of the MEC reloading business, but still have the ubiquitous & pervasive powder thimbles breeding like coat-hangers, I need several from #25, north to 33, 4, 5 or thereabouts.

I sold my very, very last MEC to an overseas guy and he could use the extra jewelry.

Box of my Remington 28ga nitro SC bullets for your handfuls of thimbles?

Bob

2. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

0   0   0

one-time bump

3. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

0   0   0

What all do you need? A friend and I got away from the MEC and bought a PW and we have quite a few bushings that we have no need for. I don't own a 28 gauge, so no need for those, but the offer is there if no one else comes up. Josh

4. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

0   0   0

Josh, thanks. Here's the story: I've been trying to help a kid from Norway get set-up for grouse and goose. We hooked up on SGW and he was filled with ... iffy information on what he needed from BPI.

They have to shoot no-tox, period, for everything, and he can get Longshot powder in Sweden, and I have him some good 1oz & 1-1/8 Bismuth loads using Fio616 (Sweden, again) and Longshot.

I helped him with loads and de-BPI-ed shopping list, and found him a Sizemaster with a steel-kit and 2 red-bars (1/8 & ¼) and a black 1/8, large shot, but only 2 thimbles, 24 & 28.

He's going to be shooting Bismuth #6/1-oz & ITX #2/1-1/8oz, so his shot drops will be pretty close, but I figgered he needed a selection of thimbles that will drop up to 35gn, with ±32-33 being the target - and I don't trust capacity charts, so I figgered I'd go searching for numbers above 28, and maybe a few below.

My local shootatorium does not have MEC stuff, and I'm not ordering anything from PR or Midway for a month or more, so I thought I'd ask here.

No 28ga ... quelle horror, man ... don't you know that 28 is the new 'black'?

Few bucks cash money? $10 Wally-world gift card?

Bob

5. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

0   0   0

Hey, I wish I had a 28 gauge, but it's just not high on the list (will eventually be a new sporting clays gun). I'll check our collection tomorrow and see what all we have. I'll get back to you then. Josh

6. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

0   0   0

'preciate it, Josh.

I have fun with the 28ga crowd. I have a 2" Lang that weighs 5#4oz that I'll load down to 9/16th or 5/8oz when I'm playing their games, and shooting little bullets is kinda fun sometimes. Roll-crimped, they look like blanks.

Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.