1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB TM1 forend latch

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Chris_H, Jan 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris_H

Chris_H Member

Just wondering if anyone has a forend latch they would be willing to sell or knows of anywhere to buy one. Already called Giacomo and he doesn't have any.

Chris Hevener

2. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Is the "latch" the little thingee that the release button activates??

Ed Yanchok

3. Chris_H

Chris_H Member

Yes the "latch" is what the button operates. It is called a latch in the diagram i got from this site. I'll give whiz a call tomorrow hopefully someone has one.

Thanks,
    Chris

4. joe scout

joe scout Member

To Jim Bailey: I have one --- knew they were expensive and difficult to fix. What is a fair price? Would like to to sell the receiver less the trigger and forearm iron with the wood. How about $650.00 ?

Joe

5. Chris_H

Chris_H Member

http://trapshooters.com/noframes/cfpages/message.cfm?messageid=1252691 from this thread it is part number 5304.

6. perazzitms

perazzitms TS Member

Good luck. Lack of availability of this one part is the reason I sold my TM-1.

7. Ed Y

They're like cigarettes in a boat "Expensive" I have a brand new one for 75.00

Ed Yanchok

908 753-2365

8. Chris_H

Chris_H Member

I can't believe there aren't any machinists that make that part it seems so simple to make with the right equipment. Here's another question then, what can I do to make the one I have work? The reason I need a new one is b/c the forend is loose when i attach it to the barrel.

9. perazzitms

perazzitms TS Member

Sounds like your barrel lug is worn.

I'd guess they would put a little weld on the lug and re-cut / file to fit.

On the otherhand, sounds like it's time for a tune up. You could have other hinge / locking block / monobloc problems that only look like a forend problem.

10. Chris_H

Chris_H Member

I think I found the problem. The forend iron has a slight bend in it making it loose. I plan on getting it rebuilt within the next year I just can't do it right now books for school are expensive. I know the block is worn and needs replaced soon and I'm sure many other things need replaced but I really don't think that is the issue right now.

Thanks for all the answers

Chris Hevener

11. blaster

blaster Member

Hey I have on for $25 Dont take too long i had one and it broke the forarm iron.

12. Chris_H

Chris_H Member

Smoken send me an email sahevener@yahoo.com with how you would like your money I still don't think its the latch but if they need replaced a spare can't hurt. I had a machinist look at it and the forearm is shimmed right now and everything fits tight. Idk I guess a gunsmith needs to see it asap I'll have to get on the horn.

Thanks again

13. Ed Y

The Perazzi parts list has them at 70.00 each

Ed Yanchok

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.