1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB Tired or Leaking MEC Hydraulic Cyclinders

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by omahasportingsupply, Oct 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

0   0   0

I would like to buy a couple of tired or leaky MEC hydraulic cylinders for low dollars. They can be the older black style. I don't want new ones as I can purchase them directly (and parts kits) from MEC. What I am trying to do is audition several hydraulic shops who say they can rebuild them like new for low dollars. If you don't want them (free) let me at least pay the freight. If you need a little $ for them, let me know how much plus freight. This may be a bust or bomb, so I am trying to experiment with low bucks until I am a little more confident in the subcontractors. Will trade new or used MEC parts for them also if you would like. Thanks for looking and sharing all the tips you posters do. It is fun and beneficial to many reloaders. Thanks Omaha

2. omahasportingsupply

0   0   0

You may PM me or send me an email if you trip over any cylnders in your reloading room. Omaha

3. omahasportingsupply

0   0   0

I promise to give them oil and new rings! I wil treat them like family as long as they don't pee on the floor. Omaha

4. omahasportingsupply

0   0   0

See my other thread on this same subject. Short version. Have found a hydraulic shop that rebuilt my generation one cylinder. Works awesome. Trying to figure out if they got lucky or it really works. Would like to try to fix a generation two (3 pieces) cylinder to see if we can offer this service to the shooting community. We are hoping to be able to rebuild a unit for $50-70 (plus shipping) instead of buying new. This would be more than just putting the new seals in it. Sometimes the new seals are short lived due to other problems not normally seen. Any for sale or need rebuilt? Gen One are a little harder to refurbish since the top is welded on. Next, we will look at motors and pumps. IMHO Omaha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.