1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB - Texan Shot Bushing

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jollytrapshooter, Jul 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

Ok, I bought a used MEC 650 a while back and it came with what was supposed to be an 1 1/8 bar. I've never used the bar because I thought I would just buy an adjustable, which I did, and after about 6 months, I'm tired of the thing leaking poweder all over the place. I've decided to use the original charge bar which for some reason, looks like it was bored out and made to fit Texan type bushings for the shot. So, I put the bar in and measure everything, it drops the right amount of powder, but it drops right around 1.23 ounces of shot...that's a little much for my liking. So I'm hoping maybe someone out there would happen to have a bushing for a Texan that drops 1 1/8 or even 1 ounce, and would be willing to part with it. The current bushing I have is a #6. Thanks, Josh.

2. chipking

chipking TS Member

I believe that the P/W, RCBS, Spolar and Hornady shot bushings are all the same size. Gander Mtn usually has a good supply of the RCBS bushings.

--- Chip King ---

3. Sprinklerman

Sprinklerman Member

give me measurements and I will Build you a bushing

4. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

Sprinklerman, what will you charge me to build one? I have attached a rough drawing with dimensions, just contact me. Thanks, Josh.

[​IMG]

5. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

6. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

brownk80, I found this while searching for what shot bushings dropped the amount of shot I needed. Hope it helps, Josh.

7. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

To decrease the amount of shot dropped, just line the inside of the bushing you have with black tape. a couple of layers will do the trick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

shot bushing same size as texan shot bushings

texan shot bushings