1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB Super X-1 30" Trap Barrel

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by shotgunner, Dec 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shotgunner

shotgunner Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

WTB Super X-1 30

WTB Super X-1 30" Trap Barrel. Please state price and condition.

Thanks

2. jeffprigge

jeffprigge Active Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

WTB Super X-1 30

sx1 full trap choke 30 inch 92 % condition, a few scratches, screw type , rib has been pinned ( good job ), white front bead and silver middle $230.00 gets it to your door. If not happy I will take it back less the shipping charges. E-Mail above . Jeff Prigge

3. Diamond Grade

Diamond Grade TS Member

0   0   0

WTB Super X-1 30

Sent you a PM. Ron King

4. jeffprigge

jeffprigge Active Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

WTB Super X-1 30

hello , anyone here

5. shotgunner

shotgunner Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

WTB Super X-1 30

sorry Jeff....I thought I sent you a private message butI did not..... I have a lead on another barrel but I will let you know if it does not work out. Tell me how popular were the Super X 1's....are they still desirable
    ?

thanks

6. jeffprigge

jeffprigge Active Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

WTB Super X-1 30

I don't think they were very popular when they came out becuase of the price , but the quality soon came out . I shoot one all the time for trap and love it . Have several more and some spare parts.

7. chuckles

chuckles Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

WTB Super X-1 30

Shotgunner...

Winchester screwed up in 1974 when they brought out their new Super X Model 1 Semi Auto to compete with Remington Arms...

Remington beat their brains out with their lower priced Semi Autos...

Winchester gave their Engineers a blank check to come up with a better Semi Auto and they did, it handled similar to a Model 12 and was built like a tank with all machined parts, Exhibition grade wood, Pointability and handeling, two problems for 1974 though, the gun weighed 8 lbs and cost a couple hundred over the Remingtons...

Try as they may Winchester could never overcome the Stigma of a heavy, overpriced Semi Auto shotgun...

7 years and 90000 guns later Winchester gave it up and discontinued the Super X Model 1...lost their financial ass on the SXM1 project...

Bottom line was they offered way too much gun for too little $$$...

Today the gun is somewhat collectable and enjoys a Cult Status following by mostly competitive all around shotgunners and serious hunters...

I have seen Field grade SXM1's come out of the Lousiana Bayous for upgrades that have a hundred thousand rounds + thru them and they are still shootin...

Visit my website for more detailed information on the SXM1...

8. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

WTB Super X-1 30

That is the Sx-1 patch that Chuck posted. The banner, the patch, memo pads, and other items are all with the same logo. Jeff

9. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

0   0   0

WTB Super X-1 30

They are also notorious flat shooters.

10. chuckles

chuckles Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

WTB Super X-1 30

Hi Ajax, Bob also had that type of SXM1 Gold Banner on his website, they were originally Advertising Promo's for the Winchester dealers to help promote the Super X 1.

I knew Bob and had several dealings with him, he was a very nice very efficent guy, he is missed.

I do not have any idea where all his SX1 stuff went, I suspect to local friends and family...

I picked up my SXM1 Gold Banner at an Auction that was specializing in Advertising items...several years ago.

Super X Jeff is right about the Shoulder patch, just anothe promotional item for the SXM1...

I am always amazed at all the different stuff that keeps emerging regards the SXM1...a ton of stuff out there.

regards...Chuck

11. shotgunner

shotgunner Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

WTB Super X-1 30

Jaquas has some skeet guns for sale with uncheckered Wenig stocks.....has about 8-10 of them. I just did not know if they were still popular.

Thanks

12. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

0   0   0

WTB Super X-1 30

Oh, heck, in memory of Bob Baumgart..

[​IMG]

13. chuckles

chuckles Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

WTB Super X-1 30

That is one really special SXM1, especially if Bob did the work for you....

Could you email me some pictures of it with a brief description and I will put it up on my website, it would be a nice tribute to the Boomer...

regards

Chuck

14. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

0   0   0

WTB Super X-1 30

Sure Chuck,
    Let me get past Christmas and I'll do just that...

Jim C...

15. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Member

0   0   0

WTB Super X-1 30

Dove Comander:

Yes, an unmolested Super-X Mod 1 was and is, a relative flat shooter, But you also have to remember the era that they were made. If you were to pick up most any standard trap gun of the 40's through the 70's, they were all relatively flat shooters. That was the way I was taught to shoot. I can still remember my Grandfather telling me to cover ‘em up to blow ‘em up. It didn’t seem to make any difference what gun you picked up back then , they all seemed to shoot flat.

It seems to me that sometime in the 80’s or early 90’s when attitudes changed and some shooters wanted to float the bird. That “float” seems to be the standard trap gun of today, shooting 80, 90, and 100% high. That just is not my style of shooting

I guess that is why I still get along just fine with my Super-X and my Mod. 12. Yes, my 1100 built in the 60’s, is a flat shooter

Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.