1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB: Super Strong Double Sided Sticky Tape

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Chango2, Jan 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Where can I purchase very strong double sided tape...like the kind that holds weight etc. to shotgun barrels, as was or maybe still is sold by Meadow Ind.

Thanks in advance.

Chango

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

3-M makes double sided tape for the auto repair shops. Comes in different thickness and widths.

3. LMac

LMac TS Member

As stated, I bought mine from a NAPA Automotive store. It is good stuff, I put my add on rib on with it and is great. Don't know what it would be like to get off . LOL

4. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

body shops/ hardware stores and most auto parts stores sell the tape. It is grey and not the white tape.It's used to hold on mouldings and chrome strips. You could also use clear silicone. It will probably hold with no problem motordoc

5. PA101_guy

PA101_guy TS Member

The 3-M auto grade will hold just about anything. It's grey as motordoc said with red backing.

KEEP SMOKIN' EM.... Dave

6. nipper

nipper TS Member

send me an e-mail and i will send you a roll free,its good stuff i have

Bill

7. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

3M makes a clear double stick tape (3M VSB)
    It's better than the gray tape you get at auto supply stores to hold on molding and it looks better - and you can get it at WalMart.

8. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Deckart, If it doesnt you could trim it to the width you want. Without any problems.

9. Haskins Bill

Haskins Bill TS Member

10-4 on all of the above. I have not used the clear 3M brand but have used the gray 3M. I have used in on vent visor repairs it comes in various widths and holds five yes 5 pounds per square inch. I have used in to move a through the glass C B antenna from one vehicle to another and it holds great. I buy it at the home supply store near me. They have theirs in the painting supplies department. I am not sure where WalMart, Lowes or Home Depot stock there's. I have no idea what it will hold like on a shotgun barrell that is going to heat up. Bill

10. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

At your local golf proshop you can get the two sided tape they use to hold golf club grips on the shaft. Very strong and easily removed with solvent. HMB

11. nipper

nipper TS Member

The two who e-mailed, your tape is on the way,i dont have any more.

Bill

12. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

The clear 3M double sided tape doesn't handle heat (the sun) very well at all. The gray stuff made for exterior use is much better.

Morgan

13. dubois

dubois Member

go to meadowindustries.com, their phone number is listed there. I got two sided weight tape from them last year.

14. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Body shop supply stores.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.