1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB/Suede or Leather Vest

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by EXFDX, Apr 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EXFDX

EXFDX Member

0   0   0

I've looked everywhere to find a particular vest I'd like to buy - it may be a Beretta product. It's either suede of fake suede and mostly it has a net-like covering but with leather or suede pockets, butt pad and so forth. It's a warm weather vest. Need an XL size in right hand. Orvis is showing one on sale, but only in Small and Medium sizes.

Anyone have one to sell or can point me somewhere?

Thanks!

Steve Oehmen

2. RAScott

RAScott Member

0   0   0

I believe Cabelas may have what your looking for i own one its a good quality. Bob S

3. EXFDX

EXFDX Member

0   0   0

Thanks Bob, and believe me, I have a lot of Cabela's stuff and their quality I would rank with anyone's. Some of it 30 years old and still going strong! I'll look again, but I don''t believe they have the leather or suede material I'm looking for.

Steve Oehmen

4. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

0   0   0

Steve:

PM sent

Jay Spitz

5. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Try Wild Hare

6. EXFDX

EXFDX Member

0   0   0

Thanks - I have a Wild Hare model chosen as a back -up.

Steve

7. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

0   0   0

this is on the orvis site...

[​IMG]

or the one from Barbour at the above URL..

8. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Someone at Somontes in Madrid was selling a vest made of perforated suede, and a number were sold to American pigeon shooters. That may be what you saw.

9. EXFDX

EXFDX Member

0   0   0

Thanks everyone - checking it all out. Jay (Spitter) thinks he may have tracked one down (I believe he works at an Orvis Store). And is checking it out. I am going to try to find Somontes out, too.

Steve Oehmen

10. DBLMTHM

DBLMTHM Member

0   0   0

Steve:
    I just wanted to say hi. I believe I own your old Ljutic. I bought it last fall from Randy Rose. The gun came back closer to its old home, I'm in Mountain Home, Arkansas and will shoot the Ark. St Shoot this June.
    David

11. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

www.gundogsonline.com

12. EXFDX

EXFDX Member

0   0   0

David, that gun won me the Arkansas Open Handicap Championship in 2002. Shot a 96 and then ran twenty-five in a shoot-off with a guy from Texas who won a fair-sized Calcutta even though. That Ljutic is a natural born Handicap machine. I had never shot from the 22 before as I had gotten a yard each from two shoots the weekend before. Pretty strange story. And I came very close to leaving Saturday because I was so dissatisfied with my Singles score.

Shoot well - it's easy to get in the way of a Ljutic. 'See the bird, shoot the bird" will get you there every time if you have it lined up and locked down for you.

Best - hope to shoot with you some day - that would be a hoot!

Steve Oehmen

13. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

0   0   0

Steve if it is the Orvis Ultra-Suede clays vest that you are looking for, they only make the warm weather version now. This is a bargain @ $55. Cheaper than I can buy as an Orvis dealer. I have them in stock and do have a couple of the full Ultra-Suede that has been dicontinued.

14. EXFDX

EXFDX Member

0   0   0

That's the vest I am looking for in XL - the Ultra Suede Warm Weather version. Do you have any XL's?

Steve

15. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

0   0   0

Steve sent you a PM.

Call me at shop after 11am. (919)774-7080

16. spitter

0   0   0

The green tweed above is the Kelso Vest... presently on sale at $275 through Orvis...

Cy-Kick/Steve if you guys can get together on vest... that's AOK with me!

I've got a vest coming from Georgia, but haven't seen it yet to confirm size and make sure its undamaged - if you've got one "in-hand" in XL, do some business...

regards to all,

Jay

17. EXFDX

EXFDX Member

0   0   0

Just talked to Cy-Kick on the phone and he has an XL he's holding for me. I'll send him credit card info in the morning and that should take care of it.

Thanks to him and to you, too, jay for all your help, as well as everyone else's input and advice. That's what I really love about this site - all kinds of great help and advice - all you have to do is ask.

Steve Oehmen

18. spitter

0   0   0

You're welcome!

Jay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.