1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB ST-100

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by racer, Feb 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. racer

racer TS Member

Wanted - Browning ST-100
    Will post once a month until found! Thanks, Dan

2. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I admire your diligence..hope one turns up for you...Calvin

3. thedemoguy

thedemoguy TS Member

How much do you have to spend ???

I would part with my BT-100 for the right money, has 34" fixed full, ported, pull or release trigger, adjustable morgan pad and fitted hard case.

Shoots very well and the removable, adjustable trigger group makes it a snap to clean.

Bill

4. ec90t

ec90t Guest

'Demoguy,

I believe that he is referring to the ST 100. It is a Browning O/U with a drop out trigger assembly. They didn't make very many.

ec90t

5. thedemoguy

thedemoguy TS Member

I thought he was looking for a stainless steel BT-100

6. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Guys, it's an O/U with adjustable impact. I saw one about 25 years ago!!

7. ec90t

ec90t Guest

oleolliedawg,

ST100 is different from a citori plus? What was the O/U with the drop out trigger like a BT 100?

ec90t

8. tandemdude

tandemdude TS Member

what would you take for the sainless bt 100?

9. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

The ST-100 was made between 1979 and 1981 primarily for the European market. It was a non-catalogued item not listed by Browning although a very few made it to the USA. I don't remember if it had a dropout trigger and the impact adjustment was totally unlike the Citori Plus. I hope this helps!!

10. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Thanks oleolliedawg. I'm always trying to learn something!

ec90t

11. slugbug1

slugbug1 Member

Dan..I just bought one, in fact it will be here Tuesday. The gentleman I bought it from mentioned that he had two of them, and would sell me either one. The one I didn't buy has a Graicoil type recoil device on it, and an adjustable comb. I don't know if he will sell it now that I bought the other one, but it won't hurt to ask. e-mail me and I'll give you his phone number, and let you know what he offered it to me for. Gary L.

12. racer

racer TS Member

I've been gone most of the week and just saw the responses. Gary, I sent you an e-mail. Thanks for the help.

I've also never seen an st-100 but it appears to be the only gun that has the feature I want with adjustable barrels. K guns are out of my price range right now.......Dan

13. CalvinMD

I have one unfired ...it is basically a straight stocked trap model Superposed..the trigger is fixed..no drop..not adjustable for LOP..it has what looks like a very wide Broadway style rib but it is raised at the rear about 3/8" high and comes down flat to the front of the barrel..the barrels are open in between ala K80...POI is only adjustable for bottom barrel by way of a sliding bracket exerting pressure on the middle of the top of the barrel basically making the bottom muzzle arch "up" to raise POI..the closer to the muzzle you slid the bracket the higher the poi.

14. slugbug1

slugbug1 Member

CalvinMD...Not that it's really important...when you slide the bracket forward you lower the POI. All the way forward 4" high, all the way back 16" high. Gary L.

15. CalvinMD

Thanks...I inherited the gun form my dad now deceased..its still at my moms in the gun safe...its mine but you know how it is with a fathers things ...even when they become yours it never feels right to disturb them out of respect..He showed me the gun a few times and explained the POI adjustment...maybe I just remembered a$$ backwards...not a surprise as I'm getting to be an antique myself....I'm really looking forward to that Altzheimers...I'll meet so many new people "every day"

16. racer

racer TS Member

Good info about barrels - I will chase down.
    CalvinMd - get those guns out to a range you'll feel better!

17. racer

racer TS Member

Mr. MIA - it would be nice of you to post any info you have on the ST-100. I would appreciate it very much, Dan

18. webley

webley TS Member

The link attached should have some photos of both the ST 80 & ST 100.

Based on a normal B25 action - both were general catalogue items in Britain, Europe & elsewhere - but I don't know about the USA as that market had a different distribution system.

Regards
    Russell

19. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I bought my ST-100 new in 1980 (C$3750). It is a true Superposed built in Belgium. It is 30" choked IM/F with mechanical triggers and has an adjustment wedge that can change POI on both barrels. They came with high grade circassian walnut, fine checkereing and engraving. Browning also made the ST-80 which I know was sold in Europe amd Australia. I wish they had offered 32" bbls. That would have made the gun perfect. Close to a dozen were sold in Alberta, and in fact the gunshop I worked in sold 6. I have put 35,000+ rounds through mine. It will be my doubles gun 'till I cash in my chips. If anyone wants to know what they look like, post your email address and I'll send pics.

Ron Burr

20. CalvinMD

Morning Jack!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.