1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB SPOLAR HYDRAULICS

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by bunkerup, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bunkerup

bunkerup TS Member

0   0   0

I am looking to buy a set of hydraulics for my spolar reloader, if anyone knowns od a set for sale let me know.

Thanks.

2. chipking

chipking TS Member

0   0   0

If you must have hydraulics then you cannot get any better and good luck in your search. If on the other hand you just want ease of hookup and use with no leaks, motor heat or noise you should contact Whiz White about the P/W auto-drive electric unit made for the Spolar. I believe the current price is $850 and I would not sell mine for the price of a new hydraulic unit which I believe is in the $1300 range.

--- Chip King ---

3. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Chip beat me to the response.

If you are sead set of hydraulics, either the P/W or Spolar are fine. They are noisey.

After I played/reloaded on the new P/W Electric Drive, I think hydraulics will be a thing of the past. Considering hydraulics begin at $1,200, whereas the Electric Drive is $850.

Good luck in your search.

Whiz White

4. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Whiz, Have you used the electric drive on your Spolar? Just wondering if it's tried and tested and what your opinion is.

5. whiz white

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

No, I have not.

I had the electric drive here and then a good friend in ND talked me out of it, so I had my P/W hydraulics on it. And, honestly, I returned to running the Spolar with my shovel handle.

Whiz

6. chipking

chipking TS Member

0   0   0

Hitapair my electric drive is #SP001. I have a little over 10 thousand reloads on it and about twice that on my Spolar. It took about 20 minutes to mount, hook up and adjust. Since that first set up I have had ZERO problems. Mine has the toggle switch which I mounted just to the right of my press. I like the toggle because I can think of it as a 2 inch tall handle that only needs ounces of effort. P/W also makes this unit with a foot switch for those that prefer it that way.

--- Chip King ---

7. bundy4

bundy4 Member

0   0   0

Hi, sent you info. please look at your ''private message'' Thanks, Ray

8. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Chip- sending you a PM

9. whiz white

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

PULLL: Got your email, and now I know what we're talking about.

If you can reload a hull in 2-3 seconds, then that equates to 20-30 a minute, which ideally equates to a minimum of 1,200, or an average of 1,400 rounds an hour.

You'd have to have someone free to keep you supplied with primer, powder, shots, hulls and wads, not much talking and lots of watching. That would be a marathon hoping nothing messed up, like a folded wad pedal, hanging primer, etc.

I'd think a single person running strong without the wife or phone inturrepting you (sorry) could easily match 814, maybe more.

A couple of my buddies and my son did this one on the P/W years ago, and we were smoking, but I can't remember the number we hit. I asked my son today, and he didn't remember either.

Whiz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.