1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB: Spolar Gold Wads

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by OhioSkeetShooter, Apr 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OhioSkeetShooter

OhioSkeetShooter Member

0   0   0

Looking to buy a couple bags of the 1OZ. Spolar Gold Wads. Just want to try them and do not want to buy 5000 and not like them. PM me info if you have them and would like to sell.
    Thanks,
    Wes

2. OhioSkeetShooter

OhioSkeetShooter Member

0   0   0

Anyone have any?

3. stuka

stuka Member

0   0   0

Just order 5,000, you will never buy another wad. They are very slick and reload superb. One great patterning wad. That is all my wife and I shoot for singles and 1st shot in doubles. I use either Clay or e3 powder. The only negative is that they do cost more than other good wads, but in the overall cost of shell it is insignificant.

Dean from Las Vegas

4. pigkiller

pigkiller Member

0   0   0

I agree with Dean. I have used them for years--you won't be disappointed. The only issue I have with them is that I have to be sure the petals are spread wide when I load them on my Spolar, else the petals may fold.

5. OhioSkeetShooter

OhioSkeetShooter Member

0   0   0

I use a MEC 600JR. (as this is only my 3rd year shooting registered), would this negate the improvements of the wad? Or will I get the same quality as I would with a Spolar?
    Thanks,
    Wes

6. pigkiller

pigkiller Member

0   0   0

No, it will not diminish the quality of your hulls, although powder drops are better with a Spolar.

7. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

0   0   0

Wes:
    Check your PM

Gene in Illinois

8. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

0   0   0

Stuka, Explain what makes this wad better than others?

Windjammer and Lightning

Green Dusters

Downrange XL1

AA Pink

Rem TGT

Explain what makes Spolar Gold better than these other than being able to tell the boys at the club you are shooting them.

9. stuka

stuka Member

0   0   0

BucPride,
    In reality, there in not much difference to the other wads. I have reloaded at least 5,000 of the purple DRs, but with 8 pedals they are apt to fold under when seated. I like the sturdiness of the spolar 1 oz and they pattern great along with breaking the target. Since I have a spolar reloader I thought I would try them. They are supposedly made out of a higher/slicker grade of plastic, but I am not sure you can tell. They also work good in Win AAs, but I mainly reload Rem STS green hulls.

I think all the the new wads you list are good to great. I think we get sold on advertising. By the way, I do not tell the boys at the club what to use. It is like commenting on what they drive. The proof is in your scores.

Bottom line for me is they are very easy and CONSISTANT to reload. I would use almost all of the wads you list above, especially the TGTS. I like to pick what I think is the one to use and stick with them. You need to work harder on shooting better and not let reloading components be a crutch or reason you do not shoot well.

10. quartering

quartering Active Member

0   0   0

downrange makes them. gamaiels has them for $11/500

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

spolar wads

spolar wads

wtb spolar gold