1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB: Soft cases for Trap guns

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Aussie Phil, Mar 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aussie Phil

Aussie Phil TS Member

Hi guys

Can anyone recommend where I can get a soft shotgun case to fit a Remmington 1100 trap, and a Ljutic 34" mono? All of the cases I see around are 52", and a touch too small for the Remmington, and lots too small for the Ljutic.

Does anyone make longer carry cases? I am getting tired of breaking down my Ljutic for the very short trip from home to the Livermore Trap club.

Phil

2. Bill60

Bill60 TS Member

Did i read this right that you are putting your bruce bowen shotgun in a soft case

am i wrong or are those really expenive like 30 or 40 thousand new i think and

i believe he is talking about the livermore pleasnton rod and gun club in livermore california beacuse i just read that he lives in pleasnton

any way try checking browning.com to see if they have any of there hunting cases are long enough i dont personally use em but if i have a friend who used to pur there 34 in bt99, when he shot it, in a soft case but i dont know where he got it

3. radeck

radeck Member

check out Monsoor's Sport shop. They are in Wisconsin. Have an ad in Shotgun Sports mag. Their phone is (608) 784 - 0482. They make a three gun (or bbl) case.

4. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Bill60- The Bowen, like the original Seitz, has to have the hinge pin removed to take the gun down. On short trips it's much easier to put it in a soft case than to take it down and put it in the americase.

5. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Active Member

Another vote for the soft cases from Roger at Monsoor's Sport shop. Combo bbl in the center and a gun on each side is how I usually end up. Great case IMO.

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Here's one for 12.99, 54 inch. It may be cheap but you can buy 2. I had a nice one from galco but they don't have them any more.

Natchez is ok to deal with.

HM

7. panthers314

panthers314 TS Member

try pavallion..........their new Wild Hare line are great soft cases.............

8. Aussie Phil

Aussie Phil TS Member

Thanks for the replies guys

I ordered one of the 3 gun cases from Monsoors. Much appreciated - they were very friendly and professional.

Phil

P.S. Even though I am an Aussie, I am located in the California Bay Area...

9. radeck

radeck Member

Enjoy your Monsoor's case. I have one. Really good set-up. I'm also from the Bay Area.

10. chatbrat

chatbrat TS Member

I believe high end guns are safer in a soft case in your own vehicle than on a gun rack at several clubs that I have shot at----Phil

11. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Phil: I agree with you about the gun racks. I don't know why some settle for a 1" "V" cut into a 2 x 4. Several years ago I got tired of ours and made some new tops out of 2 x 6's with 2" deep slots for the barrels. They're very safe in these now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.