1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB Smith & Wesson Model 18 Combat Masterpiece

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jm1079, May 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

ever since i could remeber, i have always wanted one of these, but somehow never had the money or the right time to buy one. now i have both and would like to ask if someone out there has one to sell. drop xx for my email addy. thanks. jm

2. notarget

notarget TS Member

Model 15 is .38 special. Model 18 is .22LR.

3. notarget

notarget TS Member

Isn't the 6" K-22 a model 17?

4. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

It's the Model 19. Beautiful gun. Mike

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    The K-38 Masterpiece, later called the Model 14, was a target pistol originally made with a 6" barrel.<br>
    <br>
    In 1949, law enforcement agencies asked for a 4" version.<br>
    <br>
    The K-38 Combat Masterpiece, later called the Model 15, was the result.<br>
    <br>
    Similarly, the K-22 Masterpiece later became the Model 17. These had a 6" barrel. The K-22 Combat Masterpiece was the 4" version, and it later became the Model 18.<br>
    <br>
    There was also a K-32 Combat Masterpiece. It was discontinued before it ever got a model number.<br>
    <br>
    Later, the Model 15 Combat Masterpiece was made in a 2" heavy barrel version for the Air Force. These were later renumbered as the Model 56.<br>
    <br>
    The stainless version of the Model 15 is the Model 67.<br>
    <br>
    Note that in later years, S&W put heavy barrels on the Models 14 and 17, but the Combat Masterpiece, Models 15 and 18, retained the original slim profile barrel.<br>
    <br>
    The Model 19 is the .357 Combat Magnum.<br>
    <br>
    I have a Model 18. It was the first Christmas present my wife gave me. It made, and still makes, a great companion piece for my Model 19. I've put a lot of rounds through my Model 18. I've lot track of how many cases. I'd never contemplate selling it.<br>
    <br>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.