1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

    For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB/ smith and wesson wood grips

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by musky, Jul 21, 2013.

  1. musky

    musky TS Member

    0   0   0

    Jul 24, 2009
    Looking for two different sets of wood grips for smith and wesson pistols model numbers 66-1(357) and 629-6(44 mag)mountain gun. Any help would be great. Thanks from Larry.
  2. AveragEd

    AveragEd Well-Known Member

    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

    Jan 29, 1998
    Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
    Larry, I've had great success buying them on GunBroker.com and eBay. Just search for "S&W K grips" and you'll find dozens of sets, probably six of which will trip your trigger. Be aware however that the checkered target stocks your Model 66 came with (unless it is a 2-1/2" gun) fetch upwards of $100 in very good condition these days; more if they have really nice wood figure. The snubbies came with smaller Magna stocks or "service stocks," as they are often called, and they run much less.

    The ones on my longer-barreled Model 66s would easily bring $125 these days but those "Combat stocks" on the shorty will do $200 if they're nice.


    On the other hand, a 629-6 is a round butt gun and they usually came with the Hogue MonoGrip with S&W emblems molded into them. They can be bought new from S&W or online from several eBay sellers quite reasonably and come in round-butt or round-to-square conversion styles. The latter convert the gun's looks and feel to a square-butt. I paid twenty-odd bucks plus $6.00 shipping for one a year or so ago. And wood stocks are available from S&W or many aftermarket sources.

    The generic Hogue MonoGrip minus the S&W logos isn't much cheaper and the right side doesn't have the same look as the S&W OE item.