1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB SMITH and WESSON MODEL 41

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by hounddog41@charter.net, Jan 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hounddog41@charter.net

hounddog41@charter.net Member

0   0   0

I would like to buy a decent Smith and Wesson Model 41 22Cal target pistol, reasonable. I dont know what happened to my first thread as I cnnot seem to find it. If you have something of this nature email me direct. thanks much alex KOtter

2. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

I don't think you are going to find one "reasonable". That is an excellent small bore bullseye gun. I do have an early on with 2 barrels but it would not be reasonable. Bulge.

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

0   0   0

Three or four times a year, a similar thread comes up. Somebody wants a Model 41, but doesn't want to pay the $$$ for a new one, and doesn't like the market prices used ones bring, so they hope to search the "grapevine" for somebody going through a medical crisis or nasty divorce who will let one go for $500.

In other words, they want a Model 41, but want to pay something closer to a Buck Mark price for it.

It ain't going to happen. The Model 41 ain't a Buck Mark, and the usual rules of depreciation just don't apply to them. The used ones will pretty much always be within a couple hundred bucks of a new one, and that's that.

4. michshooter

michshooter TS Member

0   0   0

hounddog:

I have a very nice clean 5 1/2" barrel S&W Model 41 with cocking indicator, 4 magazines and S/N A135XXX which I will let go for $850 plus shipping and insurance to your FFL. PM me if interested fro more info and pictures.

....Paul

5. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

0   0   0

I have one (long slide} that needs some blue work on the left side of the barrel from putting it in a damp soft case many years ago, otherwise it is very nice.

One of the sweetest shooting guns I've ever owend. I now have the CCW gun addiction and looking to fund a Kimber ultra carry.

$700 firm, or trade for?

6. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

I don't think you are going to find one "reasonable". That is an excellent small bore bullseye gun. I do have an early on with 2 barrels but it would not be reasonable. Bulge.

7. crusha

crusha TS Member

0   0   0

Three or four times a year, a similar thread comes up. Somebody wants a Model 41, but doesn't want to pay the $$$ for a new one, and doesn't like the market prices used ones bring, so they hope to search the "grapevine" for somebody going through a medical crisis or nasty divorce who will let one go for $500.

In other words, they want a Model 41, but want to pay something closer to a Buck Mark price for it.

It ain't going to happen. The Model 41 ain't a Buck Mark, and the usual rules of depreciation just don't apply to them. The used ones will pretty much always be within a couple hundred bucks of a new one, and that's that.

8. michshooter

michshooter TS Member

0   0   0

hounddog:

I have a very nice clean 5 1/2" barrel S&W Model 41 with cocking indicator, 4 magazines and S/N A135XXX which I will let go for $850 plus shipping and insurance to your FFL. PM me if interested fro more info and pictures.

....Paul

9. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

0   0   0

I have one (long slide} that needs some blue work on the left side of the barrel from putting it in a damp soft case many years ago, otherwise it is very nice.

One of the sweetest shooting guns I've ever owend. I now have the CCW gun addiction and looking to fund a Kimber ultra carry.

$700 firm, or trade for?

10. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

0   0   0

11. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

0   0   0

Not even a trade offer?

12. hounddog41@charter.net

0   0   0

Shannon: I really dont have anything to trade. What might you be interested in? Ive go a nice HD military that I might consider trading. Have you got some pictures of the bad slide. Im assuming its ructed? Thanks much alex kotter

13. hounddog41@charter.net

0   0   0

BuzzGunn: Fisrt of all my buddy picked up a very nice one at a gun show for about $600. with Herritt grips and some extras. I was under the impression that this was a public forum, for anyone to use as long as it was done in a decent manner. I dont know why you would comment on someone elses thread, when it is no concern of yours. Ive been on this site for a number of years and I have seen a number of threads that I didnt think were appropriate, but never stuck my nose where it did not belong. This is how arguments and cursing gets started if you recall in the past where we almost lost this site. Think about it. have a nice day alex Kotter

14. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

0   0   0

Alex,

I will work on some pics when the gal with the cam gets home from work. Yes it does have a rust patch on about the last 2.5" on the left side of barrel.

Thanks,

Shannon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.