1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

wtb shell catcher win.mod 50

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by rando, Mar 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rando

rando TS Member

0   0   0

my girls are starting to shoot at the local range and the mod. 50 Winchester 20ga.throws the empty hull 2 post . hope someone out there can help me find this item. thanks Randy

2. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Randy: I had Phil Crenwelge weld a deflection weld on the ejection port. When the shell ejects it hits the weld that protrudes into the ejection opening and the hull is deflected downward. I doubt if you will find a commercial deflector for the 50. You probably could try that type that adheres to the side of the receiver. It is made by Birchwood-Casey. Some shooters use them, but I have no experience with them. If interested PM me. I have one that I never used. Ed

3. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

0   0   0

If your Model 50 kicks out the empty 2 trap posts away the spring in the stock needs to be adjusted or else the excess recoil can damage the receiver. A pm to HapMecTweaks will teach you how to get the Model 50 in time.

4. Rusty12

Rusty12 Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

The best way to shorten the flight of your empties is to shorten the ejector rod in your bolt. You need to settle on a specific load, and then keep shortening the ejector rod from the back until you find the magic spot. Don't take too much off. 1/8" may do it. Over ejection can also be caused in part by a weak main spring. Having a weak spring will also cause the bolt to slam to the rear of the receiver, and contribute to cracking of the receiver over time. Wolf Springs carries main springs for the model 50. They'll also include instructions on how to time your model 50. You can also get a stick-on wire catcher to catch your empties, but you need to take care of the over ejection issues first.

5. JLJ0422

JLJ0422 TS Member

0   0   0

Birchwood casey save a shell, Its a formed wire that flips up or down if depending when you want to use it.I sticks to the receiver with dbl sided tape provided, I use one on my mod 50 works great. Joe D

6. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

0   0   0

If you recently installed a new ejector rod, as Rusty says, it may be a tad long. If it's always been in the gun and throws hulls that far away, it's out of time. Unless your in the market to buy another ejector rod, I suggest you not cut it yourself and have a competent gunsmith do that! Keeping it in time will save the receiver from cracking. Both the steel and alloyed receivers will crack if shot out of time in a short while!

Hap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.