1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB--- Seminole FC for BT99 max

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by Southpaw Sam, Aug 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Southpaw Sam

Southpaw Sam Member

0   0   0

Looking for seminole full choke (extended) for bt99max. Seminole Co. is closed for two months--moving. Lon

2. Southpaw Sam

Southpaw Sam Member

0   0   0

Anyone besides the company sell these chokes?--

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Just curious, with all the chokes that provide excellent proven and consistant patterns, why does it HAVE to be a Seminole? I mean why not try a Briley or Wright's etc..?

4. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Sam,

I have to agree with grntitan...take a look at 10% off Carlson tube offer. I got a set of 4 extended & ported black Invector Plus tubes for $118 shipped and they are terrific! Great service & Great Price from JoBob's!

5. JoeE1

JoeE1 TS Member

0   0   0

Maybe 'cause he wants a Seminole?

Joe

6. Southpaw Sam

Southpaw Sam Member

0   0   0

Actually--I bought an invector plus--planning to just use it, however it mikes .30 over the seminole tube. The BT99 Max was tubed from the factory--right? So what choke system would be in it? Any thoughts? A modified seminole came with the gun when I bought it. Sam

7. grntitan

0   0   0

Its either invector plus or just invector chokes. Does the invector plus screw into the barrel? If not its regular invector. Do NOT force any choke in there. If it doesn't thread in easily, its likely the wrong choke system. I'm betting Invector Plus. Wrights chokes work great in those BT guns and they are some of the best on the market.

8. Southpaw Sam

Southpaw Sam Member

0   0   0

No, the invector plus will not even start in the barrel, and for sure, being a retired machinist, I would not even consider anything except the correct size with smooth thread engagement..

9. grntitan

0   0   0

Well then that leaves the regular Invector chokes OR it could have been a fixed choke barrel from the factory and someone had it threaded to some other type choke thread such as Perazzi chokes etc. Why someone would do that, i have no idea. The invector chokes and invector plus are completely different.

10. Southpaw Sam

Southpaw Sam Member

0   0   0

After miking the OD of both the seminole-- .790 and invector plus--.822, I decided to look for another seminole. How about the Wright choke OD's --- what size are they?

11. grntitan

0   0   0

You need the thread pattern. The OD doesn't matter as much as its the right thread pattern. As i said, Invector and Invector Plus have different thread patterns. I don't have an Invector choke to measure. I have Invector Plus chokes. When you do find another Seminole choke, when you go to order it, they will need to know what thread pattern not what OD it is. Just Say'n............

12. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Post a pic of the choke, then we can tell you what you have.

13. Southpaw Sam

Southpaw Sam Member

0   0   0

Ok thanks I'll do that Monday. Don't have it with me now.

14. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Seminole usually threads the barrels for their own thread pattern that way you have to use only their chokes. They do make chokes for factory guns also but you need to know if it is their special choke or a factory thread. Most choke makers can make you what you want if you send them the choke you now have so they can copy its size and thread. The Seminole chokes are very good the Wrights are close in design to my Seminole chokes and also excellent chokes.

15. Southpaw Sam

Southpaw Sam Member

0   0   0

Thanks for that info-- the extended seminole choke that I have does have similar threads on the bottom--(first in the barrel)-- to invector plus chokes, but the thread OD and tube OD are the same @ .790, where the Browning, (made by Briley) is thirty thousandths larger.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.