1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB Savage Four Tenner --20Ga to 410

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bill Hom, Jan 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bill Hom

Bill Hom TS Supporters TS Supporters

Looking for a Savage Four Tenner 20ga to 410 adapter. 20 ga has a little to much recoil for a new shooter. Thank You

2. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Hey Bill,

Try loading up some 3/4oz 20ga shells. I've loaded some with 15 gr. of Unique and 3/4 oz of 8's and shoot very soft.

This might be a little more cost effective than the tubes.

ec90t

3. ke4yyd

ke4yyd Member

Do they make them anymore. I have a pair of 12 to 410 I bought in the 60's. Didn't know they made a 20 to 410.

4. Bill Hom

ec90t-- great suggestion, whieh case-wad combination? I already have one of the Four Tenners. I have it in my Browning Citori featherweight & he shoots it pretty well, but he needs two to try skeet doubles. I will still try your 20ga load
    Thanks again -------- Still looking

5. sx1skeet

sx1skeet TS Member

hay ke4yyd i would like to buy that set of tubes from you if you would like to sell

6. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Bill,

15-15.5 Unique

Claybuster wad (1078-20?)

Winchester hull

W209 primer

3/4 oz shot

Very easy on the shooter. 1150fps give or take out of a 28" barrel.

ec90t

7. Pass103

Pass103 TS Member

I will send you a set of "chamber Mates" 20 to 410 for $235.00 shipping included. Savage never made 20 to 410 tubes. Frank

8. SX-1 Man Bud

SX-1 Man Bud Member

Sorry to disagree with Frank, but Savage did make 20ga to 410 tubes. I used a
    set for several years in a Charles Daly 20ga O/U to shoot skeet back in the seventies. They worked pretty well. I sold them on ebay a year or so ago but can't remember what they sold for.

Bud

9. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Frank, like Bud says, you're wrong...

I have a set of .410ers for my Browning Citori 20 gauge. They're a hoot...seem to recall paying about $25 for them back in the very late 70s.

I'd be worried about discouraging that new shooter with a .410...they can be terribly frustrating, as my D class .410 average will attest to...

10. FranzSodia

FranzSodia TS Member

Check with Steve at Indiana Gun Club. I could have swore I saw a package that said savage .410er on it there. But I don't know what gauge it was for. John Ertel

11. gunner2

gunner2 TS Member

I have collected Savage 410'ers for years! I probably have 40 in all the gauge conversions that they made in both aluminum and steel. I am now sitting at the computer looking at a 20ga. to 410cal. aluminum/steel tube in it original box. I have shot some of them and they shoot as well as any of the shorter tubes produced now. You do have to watch the tube ejector as they can be damaged easily! They work better than the ChamberMates, IMHO, as I have both.

Jon

12. Bridger

Bridger Member

The 3/4 ounce 20 gauge load is a good one. But the only wad you can use without making substantial adjustments to your loader is the original Winchester 20 gauge wad. The wad column on this wad is higher than all the others and you can get a very good crimp with it and not have to change a thing on your loader. The only other wad that comes close is the Orange Duster but you will still need to make adjustments on your loader to get a decent crimp.

13. winchesterm12

winchesterm12 TS Member

You will be better off if you can load the 20's with 3/4 oz. The .410 well known as the idiot stick can quickly discourage a new or young shooter. With the lite 20's it is much easier to brake targets and with 3/4 oz of shot they can be loaded to have nearly no recoil. I like 12.0 gr of green dot, orange duster wad or winchester AA20, 3/4 oz of 8's with a winchester primer in a AA hull. I worked up this load for a friends 11 year old daughter and now it's my 20 gauge skeet load too.

14. duckeye

duckeye TS Member

did you get the 410 tenner that you need I know where there is one and I think it is for sale Ifr you did not get one yet I will see if I can get this one for you

Let me know and I will ask the price and see if it is for sale

Duckeye

15. Bill Hom

duckeye

Thank you, yes i do still need one. Please check with your friend & see if it is indeed for sale & how much. Also need infornation in how to get it. Thanks again.

16. duckeye

duckeye TS Member

It is still available if you are interested.

17. sx1skeet

sx1skeet TS Member

what is the price

18. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

BILL

FOUND A SET OF 20 TO 410 CHAMBERMATES ON EBAY RIGHT NOW $135. SENT YOU A LINK

JOE

19. Bill Hom

Thank you guys, for all of your help. I have purchased one

Thanks Again

20. TALLEND

TALLEND Member

ATTN Frank--------the 20/410 Savage tubes I have must be very rare?----They are for sale----where would you like to start the bidding? 500?------I also have a 16/410 Savage tube all with boxes Tom

XXXtallend12@aol.comXXX

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

savage 410 tenner tubes for sale

savage four tenner for sale