1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB: Rolex

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by englishupland, Dec 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. englishupland

englishupland Member

0   0   0

Anyone have a fairly inexpensive Rolex for sale..Mens?

To buy or trade for something

"As Is" watches will be OK also

2. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

0   0   0

Rolex and inexpensive don't go together. Check out timezone.com Sales Corner forum for best used Rolex deals.

3. englishupland

englishupland Member

0   0   0

Would also consider a Omega chrono

4. atashooter

atashooter Member

0   0   0

Guy at the Flea Market had a Gen-U-whine Rolek watch for 29.95.....

5. randy-s

randy-s Member

0   0   0

PM me

6. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Rolex Quartz watches keep PERFECT time

7. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Get an Invicta watch.

Eric

8. bgf

bgf Active Member

0   0   0

I have a Brietling Old Navitimer 18K/Stainless that I might be will to part with at the right price. Much better watch the a Rolex.

Bernie

9. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

0   0   0

A Rolex properly adjusted should be accurate to within minute a month. For what the service costs are I would keep on them until they adjusted it properly. Nice watches but not very practical to own because of the repair costs unless one has very deep pockets. They are machines that need to be cleaned and lubed every 5yrs or so. Even jeweled quartz movements should be serviced. Mine will likely never be serviced unless it stops working. I have a Huer that has stopped working and the local watch repairman won't even give me a quote on it.
    Buy a nice fake and throw it away when it quits.

10. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Pat is correct. Roles is not noted for keeping good time. Rolex is flash and looks and if you want accurate time, there are lot of other watches and still look great.

11. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

0   0   0

Ok enough with the Rolex bashing. If you don't own one, then shut up. For those that own them and complain about accuracy, please sell it and go buy a Timex. It's an automatic watch, it will NOT hold 1 sec of accuracy over the 20+ years that you own it!

For the others that compare it to Tag, Invicta, etc I am going to compare your K80's and MX2000s to Baykals! Stop comparing watches that are nowhere near each other in price. I too have both nice watches and cheaper ones and no day in hell do the cheaper ones stand a chance next to the nice ones. Value, yes, but comparing an Invicta to a Rolex is like pulling you know what from you know where.

Besides he wasn't asking for your opinion on the watch, he was looking for one.

12. SMITH47

SMITH47 Member

0   0   0

Todd
    i sent you an email

ernie

13. bgf

bgf Active Member

0   0   0

Invicta? Had one and the dials fell off after a year. Your miles may vary.

Bernie

14. englishupland

englishupland Member

0   0   0

I am indeed looking for a Rolex, Breitling or Omega for various reasons...
    I have a Tag and a Bvlgari, and also a couple timex runners watches that work great....But, still looking for one of the other three...

Once again, I'm looking for something on a little lesser price scale, with more wear, or even needs some repair...I don't want to buy something internetwise that I can drive 5miles to my local Rolex dealer and get for the same price...

Lots of emails, and waiting for some pics, but no $ spent yet....

thanks for the contacts....still looking

15. Mr. D

Mr. D Member

0   0   0

Wanting a inexpensive Rolex is like a buying a Luxury Yugo

16. englishupland

englishupland Member

0   0   0

I thought all Yugos were luxurious, most cars have 4 6 or 8 cylinders...3 sounds pretty exotic to me..

Anyhow, when I say inexpensive I mean relative to a mint condition model at retail, not compared to a seiko....I'm fully aware of what they cost, and am prepared to buy one, I'm just more interested in price than condition at this particular point in time.

17. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

I have carried a Belair Quartz pocket watch for over 15 years. Replace the battery about every 2 years and it keeps perfect time. Cost me less than fifty bucks when I bought it. Never could get used to wearing a wrist watch.. Dan Thome (Trap2)

18. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Bluzman98,

Great minds think alike. Got the same exact Invicta 2 weeks ago on shopnbc.com for $75. Now I have a blue & black.

Eric

19. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

My Submariner sits in the safe since it's braclet let go, and it needed a restoration which would probably cost $1K....so I wear a titanium Citizen eco-drive whick keeps perfect time and has the best braclet I've ever seen...

20. OzarkGun

OzarkGun Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

My Rolex sets in the safe. I stop wearing any watch when I retired 8 years ago. I gave it to my son. After a few months, he gave it back. Said he needed a more accurate time piece. Go figure!

Jack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
rolex 78480

rolex78480