1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB Rolex Submariner

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by amboy49, May 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I have always coveted a Rolex Submariner. Having looked on eBay I have quickly discovered the price range variation is extraordinary. Apparently suggested retail is $11K-$12K depending on which source is reviewed. As with guns, I would prefer to purchase an "as new" but used watch and let someone else take the hit on the market depreciation. I don't plan to purchase anything off the internet as I fear there is too great a chance for fraud. Other than contacting the jewelry stores in my metro area any suggestions ? Also, any good web or other information sites I can go to learn more about the different variations of the model ?

Thanks in advance

2. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

0   0   0

1) Rolex.com will provide you with all the models and details.

2) TimeZone.com is the best forum on the net for info and buying. I've bought a half dozen watches with no problems, but just like guns, be careful. There are lots of dealers on there for a safe transaction.

3. Fox32

Fox32 Member

0   0   0

Check out the link above. A GREAT guy to deal with!

4. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

0   0   0

I've also used Jomashop.com and AuthenticWatches.com without any problems.

5. bjk1972

bjk1972 Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I'm a Graduate Gemologist and have been in the business for twenty years now. There are various dealers who specialize in Hi grade watches both used and new old stock.Most have a three day inspection period and references that can be check on. None are affiliated with Rolex. Time Delay out of TX is an example.Rolex just increased prices due to the weak dollar. That being said a nice used Sub is a good investment.(or any sport model)Keep in mind the nicer the nice the higher the price, and factory/certified service is not inexpensive.Good luck.Brad

6. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Rating - 95%
    24   1   0

I have a like new, recently serviced Submariner 14060 can let go if you feel comfortable buying here. @$3995.00 in original box, manual, tag, polishing cloth, and warranty paper.

It's the later version of the original James Bond watch.

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

7. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I have a Gold President with diamonds for sale.
    Don

8. Slugo

Slugo Member

0   0   0

got my current COSC 14060M from Bernard Watch in Austin, TX. I've been buying and selling Rollies for over 20 years. Checkout the sales board at Timezone.com...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Back in 1967-got my first Rolex at the NEX @ GITMO--$108.00---should have bought 10 of them.

Phil Berkowitz

10. Urbans

Urbans Member

0   0   0

Check with your authorized Rolex dealer, they take trade ins on upgrades & sometimes have nice slightly used watches.

11. LABWILD

LABWILD Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I have a Rolex that I inhereted from my father. Any suggestions on where to get it serviced? I did a Google search and came up with a wide variety of prices. Looking for input from those that have had their watches serviced and indication of satisfaction. Thanks. Lee

12. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

0   0   0

LABWILD, do NOT let anyone touch it besides Rolex Service (RSC). Anyone else will mess it up. It's not going to be cheap, but I would send it to Rolex directly for any service needs.

13. Baber

Baber TS Member

0   0   0

I did some trading a few years ago and got a like new Submariner in trade. It was a reputable dealer in pre owned Rolexes. Just to make sure I sent it to the Rolex Service Center in Dallas for servicing. Not only did they clean and service the watch but the fact that they did it meant that it was real.

Tom

14. Slugo

Slugo Member

0   0   0

reyper, what prefix is your Serti Sub? Need to know mfg. date. Thanks...

15. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Phil Berkowitz doesn't know what a good deal on a Rolex is. I beat his $108.00 price by fifty bucks at the intersection of 14th Street and U in our Nation's Capital just last week. The seller was down on his luck, had lost his job several months ago, and had to sell some of his prized possessions. I felt his pain and didn't try to negotiate his asking price of $45.00.

16. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

0   0   0

I would be very careful dealing on Ebay. I would want to see it first.

Always purchase with Box, papers, and any service history.

Also, look at the serrated back. If it looks chewed up someone worked on it that shouldn't have.

Years ago, one of the largest Rolex dealers in the country was Dallas Diamond and Gold. Mans name is or was Bullock. Check it out.

Looks like some nice ones on this site.

For service I always recommended Geneva Switz. A little bit of a hassle but fantastic work.

Regards....Gerald

17. cmmonaco78

cmmonaco78 Member

0   0   0

Eightbore- I hope your kidding. Because if your not, I wouldn't get that thing wet. It will probably disolve.

CM

18. Hardage

Hardage TS Member

0   0   0

11K is way too high for a submariner. That is the price range now for a Yachtmaster NIB. Should be in the 4k range. You will get more use out of a stainless rather than the gold/stainless version. As for the service question, a dealer that sells them can get your watch to the factory for the best service. NOT cheap but when you get your watch back you could put it in a showcase and sell it for new. I have a Yachtmaster and wore it every day diving, shooting, running, etc. for years until I finally broke it. I had the crystal replaced and the insides rebuilt at the factory. Shipping was $100 bucks of the total $750 cost but my watch looked brand new without a scratch on it anywhere when I got it back. Keep in mind that the "cyclops" that magnifies the date is glued on and I can verify that you CAN bust it off if you hit it just right. I have done it twice. The submariners bezel can be hard on the back of your hand as a caveat. On the newer ones they have blended the bezel into the body of the watch better to prevent that pain.

19. Juantoomany

Juantoomany Member

0   0   0

DO NOT BUY A ROLEX OFF OF EBAY! Buy only from a authorized dealer...I have worn Rolex watches for years. Always pleased with factory service. Current watch is the gold two tone Submariner with the blue face....

Dave

20. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

0   0   0

The Navy Exchange in Gitmo-sold the real mcoy--one thing about my Rolexes, they really don't keep that good a time--they are still, jeweled pin lever movements----the GPS in my car is all the tome keeping I need these days.

Phil Berkowitz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.