1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB rifle building tools

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by steele, Feb 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steele

steele TS Member

0   0   0

I've been a rifle enthusiast for a long time & finally decided to try my hand at actually building/hot rodding rifles for my own use. I have a young friend who attended a local gunsmithing school & he is willing to teach/help me with my endevour. I already own all the machines required for the basic work, lathes, milling, granders, etc. My buddy gave me a list of what he thinks I need to start. Initally I'm looking for barrel vises, lathe fixtures for trueing actions, tools for disassembling bolts, reamers, etc. I know I can get all this stuff from Brownells & other sources, I just thought I'd see what might be available here. Butch from Pgh

2. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Try benchrest.com or accurateshooter.com, buy tools as you need them, and some you can make if you have a mill and lathe. That's what I do. Some/many are specific to a particular gun or part.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.