1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

wtb Remington Sporting 11-87's for Grandkids

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by rbpeep, Mar 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rbpeep

rbpeep TS Member

0   0   0

wtb Remington Sporting 11-87

Hi, I have 3 Grandkids who I want to introduce to shotguns. I'm thinking of the Remington 11-87 Sporting Clays guns. Since they range in age from 11 to 14, I'm thinking of getting maybe 2 12 Gauge guns and a 20 gauge gun for the lone girl. The oldest is big enough to shoot an adult pull gun. What I'm thinking for the girl and the younger boy is to buy a regular 12 gauge for the boy, pull the factory stock off it, put on a replacement stock cut off to the correct pull length with a recoil pad and teach him to shoot. When he gets a couple more years under his belt, I'll put the original factory stock back on it... and we'll be set... Same basic thing for the girl who is 14 now, but I'm thinking of a 20 gauge for her. I need info on a dealer that stocks these guns and one who I can deal with. I live in a remote area in the mountains of New Mexico, so a local dealer is not an option. Thanks for any help... and I'd also accept other ideas if someone has a better plan. I like the idea of the 11-87's because of the light recoil, reasonable price, and the one's I've seen have real nice wood.. plus I have an 11-87 trap that I've shot a lot of shells through with no trouble whatsoever. I'm Interested in getting your ideas.. By the way, I took two of them to the Ben Avery Sporting Clays course in Phoenix a couple weeks ago and they (and I) had a ball. Thanks for any help,
    Randy

2. rbpeep

rbpeep TS Member

0   0   0

UP UP

3. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

0   0   0

I DON'T BELIEVE THEY MADE A 20 GA 1187 SPORTING. AN 1187 20GA WITH 28" BARREL WILL WORK OR AN 1100 SPORTING 28 WHICH ARE VERY CLOSE IN SIZE AND FUNCTION. THE 1100 SPORTINGS 20'S ARE MORE ABUNDANT. 1187 SPORTING 12'S ARE GETTING SCARCE AND COSTLY. THE SHORTER FOREND TENDS TO SPLIT AND THERE ARE NO REPLACEMENTS AVAILABLE. I RECOMMEND YOU STICK TO 1100'SPORTING IN 12 OR 20GA.

4. rbpeep

rbpeep TS Member

0   0   0

Hi,
    Thanks for the information... Obviously, I'm ignorant.. so your help is valuable to me.. Why doesn't Remington make and stock these at distributors/dealers... is it the problem with the forend? I love 1100's so it's not a problem.. Are 1100 Sporting Remingtons available?

Randy

5. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

0   0   0

They stopped making the 1187 sporting and 1187 trap 10 years or so ago. Rem decided that all target guns would be 1100's again and the 1187's would be field guns. rem 1100 sportings are available everywhere. Try gunbroker. There is an ffl search on gunbroker to find someone near you to accept shipment, or ask at your shooting range who is local that accepts shipments.

the cracked forend thing was just something that alot of 1187 sportings suffered. My son's cracked and remington replaced it years ago. I found another 1187 sc I was gonna buy that had a cracked forend. I contacted remington to buy one and they no longer make it so I passed on the gun. I
    bought an 1100 sporting instead and it is a fine shooter and the wood is much nicer than the 1187's. Only available in 28 inch barrel. If you want a 30 you have to step up to the more expensive and heavier 1100 competition.

6. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

I have a Remington 11-87 with a light contour 28 inch barrel that might do the job. The light contour barrel is the same one you will find on the 1187 Sporting Clay model. I can fit it with a set of synthetic stocks with either a youth stock and/or a regular stock. I also have a 1100 LT 20 gauge with a short and/or long synthetic stocks with a 26 inch barrel. PM me if you have any interest. JM

7. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

I'm not 100% sure but I think they may have made a 20ga 11-87 Premier Skeet...with a 26" Remchoke light contour barrel...seems I was shown one by a proud new owner at a sporting event

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.