1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB - Remington Model Six & 870 Competition

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by AveragEd, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

As always, I'm looking for a nice Model Six pump-action rifle. I'm not a pump rifle fan but always liked the Model Six when it was available. Back then, however, I couldn't justify buying a gun just to have it. The rifle has to be in very nice condition and in calibers other than .243 or .30-06 unless it happens to have nicely-figured wood.

I'm also looking for 870 Competitions, both for a friend and myself. They have to be mechanically original and can be in really nice condition or rough cosmetically but with good internal parts.

Drop the "x" from the email address above.

Ed

2. Bluedotman

Bluedotman Active Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

AveragEd their is a 870 comp. on gunbroker.com

3. AveragEd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Thanks for keeping an eye out for me. I also received an email about one that Jaqua's has but it sounds like it isn't very original and might be pretty rough.

That GunBroker seller and I have had a couple of talks about that gun. The wood's figure isn't all that remarkable and there are some minor scratches on the receiver. Given that, I think his price is a little high. He acknowledges that but wants to test the waters some more. This is the second time he put that gun up for auction and it didn't attract any bids the first time, either. We do plan to discuss it further when this auction ends in a few days.

The scary part about this gun is that he won't provide bore and choke readings for the barrel - he just says it is original.

Ed

4. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

0   0   0

Sent you an email with a lead on an 870 Comp.

EDIT: email failed, so I sent a PM.

Bob

5. AveragEd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Yes, Rick - that's a gun worth stretching a little for! I'd like first crack at it if you elect to sell it.

If a guy doesn't have a bore micrometer, how does he know it is "original?"

I just visited GunBroker to confirm that the Comp I referred to still hadn't drawn any bids - and it hasn't - but I noticed there not is another listed with a "Buy Now" price of $550. But alas, it has "Bruley" chokes in it. Now, it's nothing more than a parts gun to me.

Got it, Bob - thanks!

Ed

6. ntgr8

ntgr8 Member

0   0   0

You are looking for a REM 6 which I don't have but I do have a 4 in .308 cal, new condition with box, interested???

7. AveragEd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Sorry, but autoloading rifles are illegal for hunting in Pennsylvania. I don't plan to ever hunt with a pump but I might as well collect guns that my son or I could use if we so desired.

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

remington model six pa