1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB Remington 541 S Early Edition

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by 4EVRYOUNG, Dec 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4EVRYOUNG

4EVRYOUNG Member

0   0   0

22 S,Long,LR The one I am looking for had engraved action,I think simulated rose wood grip cap and forarm cap. Anyone seen one Or got one to sell or trade?

I don't know what I have to trade but maybe I can find what your looking for.

2. whiz-bang

whiz-bang Active Member

0   0   0

I saw some at the last Tulsa show last month. One was unfired in the box. Your looking at either side of $800.00 for a decent one. I have a 541S and a 541T. Both very nice rifles and going up in value.

3. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I sold my 541-S when the 541-T came out - I don't like "faux" stuff and the forend tip and pistol grip cap were turn-offs for me. However, it seems most like them, as the 541-S seems to command higher prices. I have both 541-Ts, the sporter and the heavy barrel.

Ed

4. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

0   0   0

I only have one.
    [​IMG]

5. 4EVRYOUNG

4EVRYOUNG Member

0   0   0

Jim did you do the stock or was that a special Run?

Average Ed
    I had the newer 541T and didn't like it as well, if that is what I have to do I will find those and Gunbroker has a couple but The old one always out shot the new one and I was young and not enough cash so I sold it to upgrade to something.
    Stupid kid.

6. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Both my Ts shoot as well as my S did but both like different ammo. The sporter shoots Federal Gold Medal Match well and the heavy barrel actually prefers Federal's 38-grain copper-plated hollow-point hunting load. The S shot Remington Target loads best.

Ed

7. whiz-bang

whiz-bang Active Member

0   0   0

Lew Horton Had a special run of curly Maple 541Ts. 250 or 500 can't remember. A original Lew Horton 541T will feature checkering on the stock. The non checkered stocks were bought from Remington. Been looking for one of those my self.

8. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

0   0   0

I'll have to defer to Whiz Bang on the stock. I bought it from a guy that wanted a cheesy factory walnut stock on his 541. Mines not for sale.

Jim

9. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

I have a 541-T HB also...it loves the CCI SGB but I dont shoot it much since I got a CZ-452 american in 17 mach2..its more expensive to shoot but those groups are so itty bitty its just to cool to stop

10. 4EVRYOUNG

4EVRYOUNG Member

0   0   0

It is just one of those things I had I miss and I want it back.

11. kenf

kenf Active Member

0   0   0

You can find 541 S guns around. The prices are climbing though for the nice ones. I have a 541T Lew Horton with the Maple stock. It's not for sale, although there is one for sale on Gunbroker right now.

By the way, the guys at Outback Gun Parts are in the process of making metal magazines for the 541/581 series guns. Send them an E-mail and get on board to help make this happen.

12. OzarkGun

OzarkGun Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

PM Sent

13. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Had one that was stolen in the early 80's with other guns from my home.

Never replaced it, but have been looking at them at gun shows.

Priced from $700.00 for a "used" one to about $800.00 for a real nice one w/o rings.

Rather buy up older Anschutz 54 Sporters, as their price is going out the roof.

Danny

14. 4EVRYOUNG

4EVRYOUNG Member

0   0   0

Ozarkgun PM answered.

15. 4EVRYOUNG

4EVRYOUNG Member

0   0   0

Found one would like another. TTT

16. Bvr Tail

0   0   0

Saw only one today at the Louisville gun show.

I would estimate it at about 90 plus percent.

Had scope mounts, but no rings.

He was asking $795.00.

Still there when I left.

Also saw only one Anschutz 54 sporter. Very well used, about an 80 plus percent gun. Had a less expensive scope attached, and an asking price of only $1495.00!

Just some information.

Danny

17. Bvr Tail

0   0   0

Saw another one at the Muncie, Indiana gun show today.

Pretty nice example. Listed at $799.00

Tried to trade a trap gun for it, and the guy went off on trap guns, and how Phil at Indiana Gun Club had always reamed him out on trap gun deals, so I didn't even want to make him an offer after this tantrum!

I know Phil, and although I have not bought any guns from him, I did from Veldon and Steve while Phil was working with them. All are, in my opinion, nice people, and have done a lot to help anyone they can.

Evidently this dealer should take the hint!

Danny Bennett

18. lowbaselarry

lowbaselarry Member

0   0   0

I have one in my safe. I wasn't sure I had that model but it's a 521s and has the engave receiver and rosewood colored forend tip. I got it at a pawn shop in Reno Nevada a long time ago and didn't shoot it very much. It looks to be in perfect shape in a lighted garage. I'll have to check it in the daylight tomorrow morning. I hadn't thought about selling it but it just sits there. I don't remember how it shoots and would have to give it a try before listing it for sale, if indeed I do sell it. If another one pops up I hope you find what you're after. I'll take it to the range next week and see what happens. It's hard to believe that they've gone up so much in value.

Larry Marvier

19. 4EVRYOUNG

4EVRYOUNG Member

0   0   0

Ozarkgun,

Is top Shelf.
    Great deal and prompt shipment.

Thanks Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

452 cz american extra curly maple