1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB Remington 3200

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by OldRemFan, Sep 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

0   0   0

I am interested in buying a Remington 3200. Prefer competition, or trap model with nice wood, and extra barrels. I am not interested in ported barrels, or tubed sets. Would consider extra factory barrels in 20 gauge and ic/mod in 12 gauge if someone has any. Also looking for fancy walnut stock set for 3200 trap,skeet,or field style.

2. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

0   0   0

3. pjh

pjh Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

which extra barrels would you like? I have a full set for sale on this site
    pjh

4. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

0   0   0

Thanks for the heads-up.

I did see your 4 barrel set. I don't see anything much on condition, wear, alterations, etc. in your listing. Am I seeing things in the picture or is there a crack in the forearm next to the iron? Don't see any mention of any cracks in your ad, I assume it would have been mentioned, but thought I better check to make sure.

Also can you tell me if the wood on the gun is consistent with what Remington originally had on a live bird gun?

5. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

0   0   0

George:

what condition is the set of barrel in, have the chokes been worked over, ported, etc.? Thanks for the response

6. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

0   0   0

I have a 30" IM&F Trap with Roman Double Releases, RAD Unit, Adj Comb & Butt for $2k

7. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

0   0   0

bridgetoofar

Probably a good deal for someone wanting a set up like that. I am far too old to start learning to use a release trigger. Thanks for the contact.

8. opa41

opa41 TS Member

0   0   0

No modefication on the barrels.Choked.40 both barrels in new codition.

George Dyll

9. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

0   0   0

George:

Let me try to catch up with the 3200 guru and find out what I may be getting into on fitting the barrels. thanks for the info.

10. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

0   0   0

I need someone that is familiar with the different models of Remington 3200 that knows what the factory stock dimensions are on the Field, Trap, and Live Bird models to send me or post the dimensions for the LOP, and Drop at the comb and heel as they came from the factory. Any pictures or a source where I can find pictures of the factory checking on those models would be appreciated. Thanks

11. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

0   0   0

There are a couple of nice guns offered here currently on our forum at reasonable prices.

LOP is easily manipulated at a relative bargain.

There is a plethora of great 3200 info on TS.com if you mine it using search. Many with pictures that will show the various checkering patterns.

Guy Babin

3200 Fan at Large

12. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

0   0   0

Thanks Guy, always appreciate good help. I have made a couple attempts but haven't had much luck in finding what I need. Mainly I would like to know if Remington had a different checkering pattern for the live bird model.

Would also like to know if anyone has had the 3200 upgrades done by anyone other than Remington or Laib's.

13. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

0   0   0

The only Live bird gun I've seen is currently avail on here see pjh's post:

http://www.trapshooters.com/cfpages/sthread.cfm?threadid=196985&Messages=2

The checkering does not appear to be special to me.

I have never heard of anyone else doing the receiver upgrades. Laib's is Mecca for 3200s and there's no reason to go anywhere else.

This is a nice unaltered offering:

http://www.trapshooters.com/cfpages/sthread.cfm?threadid=196929&Messages=4

and another:

http://www.trapshooters.com/cfpages/sthread.cfm?threadid=196986&Messages=1

Guy

14. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

0   0   0

Guy. Bear with me, I am new to the site and still on the upward learning curve. I did look at the picture of set pjh has. How does one go about finding out anything about the seller's reputation or lack thereof? Is there somewhere that buyers and sellers can post their experience either as a positive or negative when they actually deal with a member of this site? I became a little cautious when I recently read some members comments about sending guns to a gunsmith in the NE and then found out that he was in bankruptcy. I like to trust people, but I am old enough to know that not all people should be. I did call Laib's but the person I need to talk to won't be around until tomorrow.

15. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I have never had a bad buying or selling experience on TS.COM. On more than 20 deals this year I am 100% happy with the folks on this site. Rick ~~~Texas~~

16. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

0   0   0

I looked into pjh's gun and talked to Laibs. Pete has a great reputation and will be at Elysburg this coming wekend.

You would be wise to investigate credibility when dealing with people you don't know. I purchased both of my 3200s from people I made contact with on TS.com.

Take the time to explore the site and you will learn much about 3.2ks and buying/selling through the site.

17. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

0   0   0

Thanks for the vote of confidence on both the site and the people. I really appreciate your comments.

18. bling 27

bling 27 Member

0   0   0

I bought a model 12 Pigeon Trap on this site and couldn't be happier with the deal. Wayne

19. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

0   0   0

OldRem, here is a post I did on the 3200 on SGW. Maybe you don't need the info but it has helped some buyers of 3200's.

Doug Allison

20. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

0   0   0

Dbl auto:

Thanks for the link. Do you know of anyone who has posted actual pictures of the receiver upgrade and/or the forearm upgrade? Looks like about $375 to take care of the firing pin holes with hard inserts. I am hearing that later primers made with steel anvils are the main cause of hammering the hole smaller in guns used by shooters who do a lot of shooting. supposedly if you stay with primers that are all brass and copper the hole problem isn't that great.

Let me know if you have information on pictures and/or diagrams on the inside work on the 3200.

OldRemFan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

remington 3200 dimensions

remington 3200 skeet dimensions

remington 3200 stock dimensions

what dimensions of a remington 3200 but stock