1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB ---- Remington 1100 Gas Pistons ----- WTB

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by skeeljc, Feb 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Looking for a set of gas rings for a Remington 1100 12 gauge. Want the original two piece design, not the ones that snap together that you get from Brownells. Will trade a new set of snap together rings for a set of original rings.

Jim Skeel

2. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Call reminton and Tell them you want the old style rings.

3. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

I got these Stainless Steel rings by Nu-line back when Remington was making their rings from pressed powdered iron. Those Remingston rings were awful. Some last a while before chipping. Some lasted less time.

These stainless rings have worked great. I don't know what the current Remington rings are like because these stainless have worked perfectly ever since I put them in.

4. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Call Remington. They still supply them as a two piece replacement if you ask for them. I don't have the part numbers handy, but I'm sure they were posted here a year or so ago. Remington will probably be less expensive than Brownells.

5. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Click on the Shotgun Sports link at the upper right of this site and in the search box type in PREPR that will take you to the 1100 repair kit.

Jerbear

6. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Thanks for the info. I will give the Nu-Line rings a try. The set of nickel plated snap together rings I got from Brownells (their mfgr.) won't cycle my 7/8 oz loads. The original rings will cycle my 3/4 oz loads!

Jim Skeel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.