1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB Remington 1100 34" barrel

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bigbore613, May 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

WTB Remington 1100 34

Corsons has one and wants $450 ! Jeff

2. rrose

rrose TS Member

WTB Remington 1100 34

$300 dollars for 34 in barrel!!!! What a Deal. I have one with a add on rib and it is the best patterning barrel I have ever shot. It simply smokes tagets
    as far back as I can hit them. shoot well.

3. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

WTB Remington 1100 34

Mark, Yes you are missing something. You stated you wanted a 34 inch Remington 1100 barrel. Most people assume when you ask for that barrel you already know that a Hastings can be had over the counter. The Remington Trap 34 inch is about the rarest barrel that Remington has ever made and anything less then 300 is a gift. If you want cheap go buy a Hastings barrel if you want a collecters item that will hammer a target as far away as you can properly point it then you want an 1100 34 inch trap. If you are waiting for a 200 dollar 34 inch remington barrel you will be waiting until somebody is really needing money. I have one that the gas piston has been soldered back on and I wouldn't sell it for less then 250 and it needs to be reblued do to the brasing work done on it by the Remington gunsmith. Good luck with your search.Jeff

4. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

WTB Remington 1100 34

I have never heard a bad report on a Hastings barrel. I had a 34 that I had cut down to 32 inches and it has the grooves in the barrel. I also added Briley choke tubes to it and it shoots great. The Remingtons I have shot that were not messed with all patterned and shot well. They are too long for me and that is why I sent the Hastings off to be cut too 32 inches. It's really the ideal compromise if you ask me. If you are a big strong guy the 34 may not swing like a sewer pipe for you. For me they always did and I could never take advantage of how well they shot as I was always shooting behind stuff. 6 inches of reciever and then 34 inches of barrel make for one long sighting plane! Jeff

5. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

WTB Remington 1100 34

Mark, Are you shooting long sporting clays targets or games? If you are shoting sporting clays the Hastings is the far better way to go just because if you decide you like it you can shoot closer targets with it by just swapping the chokes. I am suprised that they have never made the high rib Hasting barrel is a 32 or 34 inch. I bet they would sell a bunch if they did. Jeff

6. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

WTB Remington 1100 34

I have saw a few of the 34" remington barrels that Mark dennis has had over the years come to think of it I believe that is what he was shooting back when I started in the early 1980's.

It doesn't really make a lot of difference what Mark shoots because I saw him pick up a field grade gun he just bought and missed the first bird out and run the next 99 at a TN A.T.A. shoot one day and never fired a practice shot.

Im sure mark was just used to the prices back when he used to shoot them a lot.

7. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

WTB Remington 1100 34

I would think they would make you wait to mount the gun until after you have called for the target to prevent the bird from accidently hitting the end of the barrel on its way out of the house..wow thats gotta be long

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.