1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB Remington 11-87 Barrel 30 Inch

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Mako Fisher, Jan 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mako Fisher

Mako Fisher TS Member

I want to try trap shooting with my Rem 11-87 and I need a light contour 12ga 30 inch barrel right hand with Rem Choke and the center bead also.

Jerry.

2. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

check gunbroker and check shotgunworld classifieds. i have that barrel on my 11-87 and it is an outstanding all around gun.

if no luck then go to remington and find a dealer, the price of a new barrel won't break the bank (relative term) and might be worth saving the hassle.

i'm looking for a light contour in 26" for skeet.

3. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

CABELLAS HAS BOTH OF THEM IN STOCK.

4. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

FFW

I HAVE A 26" TARGET SKEET BARREL FS. THE OLDER HEAVY TARGET FIXED CHOKE. THESE

SWING AND PATTERN BETTER THAN THE LIGHTWEIGHT ONES. REQUIRE A STANDARD FOREND

OR REMOVING A LITTLE MATERIAL FROM THE BARREL CAVITY. $125. SHIPPED

JOE XX LUGNUTZ426@AOL.COMXX LEAVE OFF XX'S

5. Mako Fisher

Mako Fisher TS Member

Thanks for the replies men. I have found a local gun shop that will order a barrel for $225 plus tax, not so bad I guess. That light contour 26 inch skeet barrel is what I am trying to shoot now and it seems sort of short for trap.

6. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

IF YOU ARE GONNA USE A LC FIELD BARREL WITH A SKEET OR FIELD STOCK FOR TRAP, YOU ARE GONNA WANT TO RAISE YOUR POINT OF IMPACT BY RAISING THE COMB ON STOCK. THIS CAN BE DONE AS CHEAPLY AS ADDING A CHEEKEZE PAD OR BEARTOOTH PAD KIT. OR DO IT PROPERLY BY ADDING AN ADJUSTABLE COMB OR A MONTE CARLO STOCK. MY SON SHOT FOR YEARS WITH AN 1187 30" FIELD WITH A COMB PAD AND DID VERY WELL. YOU MAY ALSO WANT TO ADD A SKEET WEIGHT AND SOME WEIGHT IN THE STOCK TO SMOOTH OUT THE SWING AND FURTHER REDUCE RECOIL. THAT MADE A BIG DIFFERENCE WITH HIS SHOOTING.

GOOD LUCK

JOE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.