1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB-Rem. model 32 "KERR SPECIAL"

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by jawingsr, Sep 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jawingsr

jawingsr Member

0   0   0

LOOKING TO PURCHASE THE MYTHICAL, REMINGTON MODEL 32, "KERR SPECIAL", TO ADD TO MY 32 COLLECTION. PLAIN,(NON STAMPED) RECEIVER GUN, ONLY SERIAL NUMBER STAMPED IN FRONT OF TRIGGER GUARD AND WHAT SOME MAY CONSIDER "F" GRADE WOOD IS HOW THESE GUNS ARE IDENTIFIED.

2. Fowlgunner

Fowlgunner Member

0   0   0

WTB-Rem. model 32

They exist.

Well at least one does.

Some four or five years ago, one was listed on gunbroker.

Was not identified as "Kerr" special but had F grade wood and no engraving at all.

The owner had a letter from Remington and the thought was it was DuPont Executive's custom ordered gun with plain receiver and upgrade wood.

The gun also had a tube set for it.

The minimum bid was $7500 and it sat for a long while.

Not sure that it ever sold.

Sorry I didn't save pictures like I normally do.

Will

3. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

0   0   0

WTB-Rem. model 32

Alex Kerr? Jeff

4. jawingsr

jawingsr Member

0   0   0

WTB-Rem. model 32

Thanks Will, this particular unadvertised model/grade was predominate with the hollywood crowd that did business with alex kerr and his sporting goods store in hollywood back in the day. It was the brain child of kerr himself and was a special order out of his store to the actors in the 1940's and i am only prevy to this info from west coast collectors of the remington model 32, and those gentleman consider it to be a holy grail of sorts. i've only seen pics. of one and it's in the nra firearms museum, sn# 8751, what a piece of work it is and for a non-engraved gun i would find 7500.00 for it today if i could buy it. I own "TF GRADE" sn # 8888 two barrel trap gun set, that is engraved and signed by master engraver "RUNGE" and is still the highest numbered gun that i am aware of with the sn# 8751 KERR SPECIAL, the second highest numbered gun that i know of. IF YOU KNOW OR HAVE HEARD OF A HIGHER NUMBERED GUN, LET ME KNOW. THANKS, JIM

5. jawingsr

jawingsr Member

0   0   0

WTB-Rem. model 32

YOU GOT IT JEFF, ALEX KERR, ANY KNOWLEDGE FROM YOUR END IN REGARDS TO THE KERR SPECIAL ??? THANKS !!! JIM

6. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

0   0   0

WTB-Rem. model 32

Jim, so are you thinking that there are 8,888 units of M 32's that were sold? I always read that only about 6,000 units were made. My Grandfather had a M32 back in the 40's. I love this pic of it.
    Doug Allison

rem32.jpg

7. jawingsr

jawingsr Member

0   0   0

WTB-Rem. model 32

DOUG, I AM NOT THINKING ANYTHING OUTSIDE OF REM.32 #8888 THAT I OWN & REM.32 #8751 THAT IS THERE FOR ALL TO SEE ON NRA GUN MUSEUM WEBSITE OTHER THAN TRYING TO GATHER INFO ON ANY OR ALL GUNS IN THE REMINGTON MODEL 32 SHOTGUN THAT MAY EXCEED #8888. I'VE READ EVERYTHING THAT YOU HAVE IN REGARDS TO THE REM.32, AND ECHO YOUR ORIGINAL THOUGHTS, ESTIMATED BLUE BOOK SN#'S, ETC. IN MY 30 PLUS YEARS OF COLLECTING SHOTGUNS I WAS ALWAYS UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT SN RANGE FOR THIS MODEL GUN DID NOT GO ABOVE MUCH OVER THE 6000 RANGE, AND I'VE ONLY SEEN PICS. OF THIS NATURE UNTIL I PURCHASED "REMINGTON MODEL 32 TF GRADE" SN# "8888" TRAP GUN AND I WILL BE VERY HAPPY TO SEND YOU A PIC. WHEN I GET BACK TO MY HOMETOWN SOMETIME AFTER TUES. 9-18-2012 AS I AM 300 MILES AWAY FROM IT UNTIL THEN IN THE WESTERN HALF OF THE STATE OF KANSAS AT MY SECOND HOME, UNTIL THEN, NRA FIREARMS MUSEUM DEPICTS REMINGTON MODEL 32 SHOTGUN SERIAL NUMBER "8751" ON THEIR WEBSITE FOR ALL TO WITNESS, WHICH FROM WHAT INFO I HAVE GATHERED OVER THOSE 30 PLUS YEARS OF COLLECTING SHOTGUNS AND MY BEST GUESS WOULD BE THAT THIS "8751" NUMBERED GUN COULD BE CONSIDERED THE UNDOCUMENTED, MYTHICAL, GRADE/MODEL "KERR SPECIAL" IN THE REMINGTON 32 OVER/UNDER SHOTGUN. YOU CAN PERSONNEL MESSAGE ME AS TO WHERE TO SEND YOU PICS. OF SN #8888 THAT I OWN AND AM MORE THAN HAPPY TO SEND THOSE TO YOU IF NEEDED. THANKS, JIM

8. jawingsr

jawingsr Member

0   0   0

WTB-Rem. model 32

DOUG, THAT IS A GREAT PIC. BY THE WAY !!! JIM

9. buster45

buster45 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

WTB-Rem. model 32

According to Remington and the model 32 guru Del Greco their were only 5100 made.

Maybe these higher numbers were made special and numbered with left over parts. I have number 1704 it has a fully engraved receiver and gold inlays.

Buster

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.