1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB Rem. 870

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by DENNISMASTROLIA1, Oct 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DENNISMASTROLIA1

DENNISMASTROLIA1 Active Member

0   0   0

I am looking for a Rem.870 as a gift for my nephew. I would like to find one with the factory recoil system in place and one with an unaltered barrel.Also it must be a Trap gun.Thanks-Dennis 781-910-0313

2. rocktire

rocktire Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I have an 870TB all original if interested. $450 plus shipping

3. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Explain factory recoil system!!

4. wolfba

wolfba Member

0   0   0

Might be referring to the competition model. There's A 870 comp on gunbroker that is down to a 500 dollar reserve but the stock is altered and from a TB. No telling how used this one is.

5. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Dennis,

The only 870 with a FACTORY RECOIL SYSTEM that I know of is an 870 COMP, which is a SINGLE SHOT pump action trap gun...they are desireable but can be pricey. Simply adding weight to the butt stock of an 870 TB TRAP will reduce felt recoil and shooting a light #8 1 oz will give you a most pleasant shooting experience. IMHO, if recoil is a concern you might want to consider an 1100 which will probably cost less, is similar in style and has the added benefit of multiple shots via semi-automatic action for doubles, sporting clays etc.

I can offer you a Remington 870 TB TRAP or an 1100 shipped with a custom Remington break down case and accessories if you are interested.

For the ultimate in SOFT SHOOTING versatility consider this one...

[​IMG]

A Remington 1100 Trap with a Soft Touch Recoil System. It has a soft leather adjustable height comb that moves with the recoil system. It also comes with a 30" fixed full ported barrel and a 28" fixed modified barrel. The 30" barrel is terrific for singles and smokes targets all the way back to 27 yards. The 28" Mod barrel is great for 16 yard singles or doubles and sporting clays.

A versatile gun that will cover all the shooting games.

It will ship in the pictured Remington locking hard case complete with shell catcher, two pads, manual and accessories. If interested, PM me for details

6. DENNISMASTROLIA1

DENNISMASTROLIA1 Active Member

0   0   0

Thank you for the reply--RockTire//Smok'nJoe. Please e mail me with more details please. Pics and prices. Thanks again Dennis.

7. Blueraven81

Blueraven81 TS Member

0   0   0

Joe, you didn't tell me you had that Remington when you sold me the SKB. If I'd known it I might have tried to get you to package them together.

Anyway, I've got enough shotguns already so you probably did my marriage a favor by keeping the Remington a secret.

Nice looking setup.

Craig

8. rocktire

rocktire Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Here are my pics of the TB. Price is $450 firm plus shipping. This gun has some scratches you can see on the reciever. The gun is in great condition other than that. It has a 37 thousandths contriction (full choke) and has very nice wood.

thanks,
    Kurt

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Hey Craig...how are you! You know I loved that SKB 85TSS...just wish I could shoot it as well as your son does!

Kurt...that is a great looking 870 TB. If I didn't already own one I'd buy yours!

Dennis...I apologize for pirating your thread, but I thought I might be able to offer a reasonable alternative. I do own several 1100s...they are just hard to beat. I'll get back to you in the morning with more details.

10. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Gentlemen,

I am amazed by the number of PM inquiries I received about the Remington 1100 and Remington 870 that I offered to Dennis as an alternative to an 870 Comp. I hadn't really thought seriously about selling either one, but I could use some space in my gun safe so here goes...

I'll offer my Remington 870 TB with the Remington case for $550 shipped.
    30" fixed full choke...weight added to butt stock and magazine tube.

I'll offer my Remington 1100 Trap 150th anniversary made in 1966 for $550.
    28" fixed full choke with gold highlight engraving and trigger shoe.

and...

I'll offer the pictured Remington 1100 Trap with the Soft Touch, case and
    extra 28" fixed MOD barrel for $750 shipped.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.