1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB Rem 700 parts

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by jack1122, Sep 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jack1122

jack1122 TS Member

0   0   0

Good day ladies and gentleman,

I'm in need of a RH Stainless Steel short action in either 22-250 or .308 either one will work or whatever else has that same size bolt face. Prefer it to come with all the bottom metal and trigger if possible.

Also if anyone has a Rem 700 LSS (grey laminate) RH short action stock I would like one of those as well.

Thanks in advance,

Jack

jackah1122hotmail.com

2. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

0   1   0

When looking for an action a gunsmith told me its just best to buy the whole gun to get an action.

3. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

That's what I do. I've had two custom rifles built on Model 700 actions and found complete guns were only a little more expensive than actions and a lot more readily available. Plus you have the stock and any scope the rifle might come with to sell. The barrels don't have much appeal.

I bought a Model 700ADL in .243 WIN in really nice shape with a Bushnell 3-9x scope on it for $400 and a Model 700BDL/DM barreled action in .30-06 with the enhanced receiver engraving that only had 10 rounds through it for $540. I couldn't find a nice action for less than $375 and it some cases, that was without a trigger. None were engraved or had detachable magazines.

Ed

4. jack1122

jack1122 TS Member

0   0   0

If I could find a gun that would work I would buy it instead of an action. I'm going to build a 22-250 on a Rem 700 action, if I can get one.

Thanks for the tips,

Jack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.