1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB- rem. 700 cdl-260 cal.

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by acss, Mar 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

looking for a Remington 700 CDL-SF Limited edition-260 cal.--wally riebesell 660-744-4115 cst

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

As I'm sure you know, you're after a hard-to-find caliber. A great one, in my opinion, but one that hasn't set the popularity world on fire.

If you haven't already, try trolling the websites GunsAmerica.com and GunBroker.com. I wasn't looking for a CDL but did find a like-new stainless steel BDL/DM in .260 Rem with the engraved receiver from 1997-2001 production on GunBroker.com last summer and bought it for $550. I put it in a new Remington laminated stock and instantly created an LSS/DM in .260, a rare bird indeed.

I review the Remington ads on those sites for interesting Model 700s and Model Sixes every week.

Ed

3. EE

EE Banned User Banned

0   0   0

I think Ruger chambers more models in .260 now than Remington does. Remington has treated this caliber as a red-headed stepchild ever since they introduced it. If more models were available, more people would buy them. This is an excellent whitetail caliber. But I am biased; I have a 700 LSS Mountain Rifle in 260. A 129gr. Interlock at about 2900fps is more than a deer can stand.

Good luck with your search. Wish I could help.

EE

4. acss

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

thanks for the suggestions- the gun is for a fellow shooter- i never have understood this special caliber thing!? please keep your eyes open for me!!

5. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

0   0   0

The 260 Remington could possibly take the place of the 243 Winchester as the perfect round. The BC of the 6.5mm is truly a thing of beauty.

ss

6. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I am a fan of Winchester model 70 actions. Of course they are not offered in the .260 caliber. I bought a .308 and had it rebarrelled to .260 Remington to get mine. I figured upgrading the quality of the barrel was a worthwhile expense and the prefered caliber upgrade was a fringe benefit. Good Luck

7. AveragEd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Here's your CDL SF in .260.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/989718874/Guns/Rifles/Remington-Rifles-Modern/Model-700/Sporting/Remington_700_CDL_Limited_Edition.htm

I tried placing the URL in the field above but it doesn't work there - too long for the field allowance, I guess. If this one doesn't work when you copy and paste it, go to GunsAmerica.com, select Remington Model 700, sort by newest first and go to page two - it's about the sixth gun down.

Ed

8. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

The long range rifle boys have taken this caliber to heart also...some of the groups a well built rifle in this caliber are capable of is phenomenal...plus I think its the best all around caliber for women and kids by a long shot..much better on the big stuff than any 6mm

9. front242

front242 Member

0   0   0

Might want to read a few reviews of that seller's store before leaping. I've been to that store. It's not far from the San Diego Shotgun Sports range. I called ahead to see if they had a Kimber pistol I was looking for. They assured me they did so I drove 45 minutes down to their store. After waiting about 15mins to finally get a chance to talk to someone, they said they didn't have any. I told them I called and drove down after confirming stock and they said they had never stocked that gun. What a bunch of useless individuals in that place. Never again. The reviews at the following link kind of make me think it wasn't an isolated incident. There are good gun stores and then there is So.Cal Guns...

http://sandiego.citysearch.com/profile/469373/san_diego_ca/southern_california_gun.html#profileTab-reviews

Tim O.
    F²4²

10. acss

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

thanks for the info--i will tell my friend, to beware

11. AveragEd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

That's not an uncommon version of the old bait-and-switch tactic. I once called a well-known gun shop about 40 miles from my home to see if they had a certain model of Smith & Wesson revolver in stock. I was told they did and drove to the shop only to be told, "Good luck finding one of them - we haven't seen one in months!" Of course, no one there could remember talking to me but they just happened to have several other "almost the same thing" models in stock...

Ed

12. front242

front242 Member

0   0   0

Ed,

Exactly! You must have been there... :)

No one could remember answering the phone and answering that question. They tried to tell me I called somewhere else but I had the number dialed in my cell and showed them. They didn't have much to say after that. Talk about a bad taste... Never again.

Tim O.
    F²4²

13. AveragEd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Obviously, I still harbor ill feelings toward that shop, even though it is now run by the original owner's wife and son. A lot of my friends patronize it but I only do when absolutely necessary and that hasn't happened very often. It's only been about 30 years, so the experience is still fresh in my mind.

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

260 remington mountain rifle lss reviews

model 700 cdl 260 dm

remington 260 stainless engraved

remington 700 260 engraved

remington 700 cdl 260 for sale

remington 700 cdl sf limited edition 260 review

remington 700 dm 260

remington 700 ss bdl 260