1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB: Rem 3200 Release/Pull

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gdbabin, Jul 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Does anyone out there in TS.com land have a REM 3200 release/pull with the receiver upgrades that they would consider selling? As long as it is mechanically sound, esthetics aren't important.

Guy Babin

Westminster, MD

2. k3uro

k3uro Member

Hey Guy,

I tried a Release pull one time, fastest pair of doubles I ever was able to shot. Could not lay off the second trigger.

Take care,

Jim

3. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Thanks Joe, I'd really like to try one. I've never shot a release in any form before and know it'd take some time to get used to.

I just started doubles this season and have been making slow, but steady progress with my pull/pull 3200s (79.7% on 1900 targets). Being an old fart, and never extremely quick even in my younger days, I can't yet get to that second target until it has traveled quite a ways out there.

It seems to me that second targets must be much easier to hit the faster you can get to them. The angular distance between them is less and they are rapidly rising. In theory the release/pull requires one less finger movement resulting in less for my slow brain to process and might result in getting to the second target a tad quicker.

I was watching Clay Floyd at the S. Zone in Winchester and wondered what type of trigger he shoots. He was shooting off next to Paul Salomon Jr. Clay has legendary lightening reflexes and speed. Paul lets the second bird ride a tad more, but still gets it way before the crest.

I wonder if a R/P is a help in getting there faster for us who don't have the reflexes of a cat. This all may very well be BS, but I'd still like to give it a try.

Guy

4. 870

870 Well-Known Member

The type of trigger will not "help in getting there faster" at all. For the trigger to be an issue for you, you would heve to already be on the second target before you finished letting go of the first shot with the pull/pull trigger. I'm going to guess that you are not that fast in getting to the second target.

I shoot a release/pull 3200, but if you don't have to go to a release, my suggestion is don't.

5. tv-todd

tv-todd Member

you have mail

6. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

tv-Todd, You now have mail also, lets talk.

Guy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.