Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

WTB Rem 1100 MC Nice Stock Set

901 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  tachyon 
#1 ·
I know my buddy SuperXJeff has a real nice 1100 stock set for sale ($1,500.00), but I don't need something THAT nice. I'm looking for a standard stock set, with or without an adjustable comb, and I'm willing to pay a fair price. Please call me at 774-696-3907 evenings or weekends. Many thanks.

Porcupine/LA

#3 ·
maclellan1911, great stock and nice work. Please permit a few questions.

How many hours did it take you to do the final fitting? What did you use?

What did you use for the finish?

Every year I get about 10-15 new girls on our trap team. Many have field grade 1100's. I was thinking that if I could put together a few of these I could do a stock replacement and have an acceptable trap gun for them to shoot. As kids graduate we could reuse the stocks for the new shooters each year.

Bruce

#4 ·
Thanks for all of the great information. Since I can't have each stock custom fitted I am just trying to get close. The Wenig women's stock looks like it does a good job with length of pull, size of palm swell, toe out, size of grip and height of monte carlo.

I currently make a lot of sawdust and have a pretty good shop. I have a good set of riffle files for the final fitting. I have some experience with cutting down a stock and installing a recoil pad. I am thinking this is a go project and I thank you for sharing your experience.

Bruce

#6 ·
Porcupine, look at it this way, at least we keep bumping up your request......

Of course my dog would take umbrage at me being nice to a porcupine.

maclellan, I have come to the conclusion that Jack West stocks are more myth than fact. I know he went out of production a while ago (years ago maybe) and that sometime soon he may be back in business.. but noone knows for sure. I think I will try a Wenig women's stock. It has the length of pull, higher monte carlo, toe out etc that will make the gun a better fit for the girls. If that works then I can have a couple ready each year. About 5 girls each year show up with a field grade 1100. Most have a 28 or 30 inch barrel with remchokes, with this stock they will have a workable trap gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.