1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB Rem. 1100 20 ga Standard Skeet Barrel

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by in_sight, Sep 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. in_sight

in_sight TS Member

0   0   0

WTB Rem. 1100 20 ga Standard weight Skeet Barrel has be Pre 1977.
    I saw some really Ridiculous at xchange sites or the obsolete sites.
    Well, how many of those are they gonna sell everyday, right?

-Brandon

I shoot well with the Fixed Mod I have on my gun. Trap shooting isn't a problem
    BUT when shooting under 15 yards the birdies only leave me wings and beak.

Thanks guys

2. in_sight

in_sight TS Member

0   0   0

Nobody has one for sale??

3. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

0   0   0

There's a reason those barrels are expensive!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim

4. in_sight

in_sight TS Member

0   0   0

But does anybody have one?
    Jim?

5. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

0   0   0

Mine's not for sale.

Jim

6. in_sight

in_sight TS Member

0   0   0

ok well anybody else?

7. 682b

682b Member

0   0   0

Those are fairly rare barrels they have not been made in over I think thirty five years. During that time there have been a lot of happy owners. For a long time skeet shooters liked them for their weight and lack of recoil after 100 rounds. They point very similar to a 12 ga. My Dad would not sell his and I won't either. If you want one you must pay the price or keep looking, but you will compete with a lot of people for one. Jim

8. in_sight

in_sight TS Member

0   0   0

yea, looks like it

9. in_sight

in_sight TS Member

0   0   0

does anybody know where I can buy one if there aren't anybody selling one?
    I just bought this gun for $300 with a 3" Magnum Fixed Mod. I live in California where 3" mags are no where to be found. Did I make the biggest used gun buy?? Gun has no scatches though. The fact that a used barrel would cost close to what the gun costs just doesn't make sense. Its not the money, more the concept. Beautiful shotgun BTW. I like it better than my 11-87 as far as the esthetics.

10. 682b

682b Member

0   0   0

In sight You have made a good purchase. The rib barrels are hard to find under 200. dollars. You just have to be patientat and have a little luck. When you get tired of waiting you can always buy a nice skeet gun. I am not trying to be flippant its just how it is. Jim

11. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0

If you pay 200 for a barrel, you would have 5 in the outfit which is still great for a standard with 2 barrels. Keep looking. I might know of one, will let you know.

HM

12. in_sight

in_sight TS Member

0   0   0

Thanks guys. I got so fed up on how much I've spent trying to find one. I punished myself and bought a brand new. 11-87 paid like $1100 for the setup. I came back late today. I ran into a covey of partridge about 20-30. Reduced it to half. It made me feel better. I have a question now for you guys.

I used to shoot fair with a 18.5 barrel 12ga pump. I changed it to a 28 in barrel with two bead sights. Now shoot half as good. Whats happening?

13. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

0   0   0

You're looking at the barrel instead of the bird. You need a gun that shoots where you are looking. HMB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.