1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB: Rem. 1100/1187LW or 870LW buttstock 20ga

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by witdog2020, Apr 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. witdog2020

witdog2020 TS Member

0   0   0

Sorry I missed it in the title but its for a 20ga. I am looking for a nice gloss 20ga LW buttstock, I prefer it to be medium to light color to match my forearm. Monte Carlo would work just fine, but not a necessity. PM me for an email addy to send me a pic.

I had gun get damaged while being shipped by UPS and they refused to pay up.

Thanks

2. mag410

mag410 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

It would help to know the specific gun. Standard wight 1100/870 20's take different stocks than LT20 & LW20. 1100 and 870 stocks are not the same. Pressed or cut checkering. It is unlikely that a random stock and a random fore will match well.

Michael

3. witdog2020

witdog2020 TS Member

0   0   0

Correct you are, I updated it, Thx

4. mag410

mag410 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Is your gun an 1100 or an 870?

Does it have pressed or cut checkering?

Gloss or satin finish?

Recoil pad or butt-plate?

870 LW20 and 1100 LW20/LT20 stocks are not interchangeable. There are cosmetic differences, grip cap, recoil pads, checkering; and physical differences, the holes for the stock bolt are not the same. It is possible to adapt either to work, but if you want a "match" you will have to stick to a stock made for you model.

Michael

5. witdog2020

witdog2020 TS Member

0   0   0

Well it appears I am truly lost, I ran some parts matches on the Remington website. I also read some articles online. I need the Buttstock for a Remington 572 .22 Pump BDL deluxe. I sold the gun to a guy in TX, when the gun got damaged I had to refund the deal and so far I have eaten the costs of the deal due to UPS. I actually found out I may as well buy the stock from Rem. for $125 NEW. I thought I could save a little if I found a nice one someone had laying around. I also have a Rem. 1100 lt20 that has the stock cut down that I bought, so I figured I could swap it out if I bought one that didn't work.
    After looking over the parts sheet, it doesn't appear the 870 will work at all. Someone said it on the web so it must be true! lol

As for UPS, I forwarded all my info on the issue to the Attorney General, they have decided this is an issue they want to investigate further.

Thanks for the help, not trying to waste anyones time here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.